PDA

View Full Version : µTorrent 1.8 Stable problems

zatoicchi
17.08.08, 10:21
It seams that some users are having problems with the new µTorrent 1.8 and get HTTP error 400 when trying to download something.

There seems to be a problem when using µTorrent in combination with the anti-virus program NOD32 prior to version 3 and the feature called IMON (Internet monitor). The solution is to either upgrade NOD32 to version 3.x or add µTorrent to IMON's exception list or to completly turn of the IMON feature in NOD32.
More info can be found in the official µTorrent forums: forum.utorrent.com / HTTP 400 error with NOD32? Look here! (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=36876)

Before contacting us with downloading problems, please be sure to read the tracker/error message in your client, if it doesn't say "This version of µTorrent is Banned..." then you're client isn't banned and the problem isn't with the tracker but with your own anti virus program or firewall.

source: tti news

Aurion
17.08.08, 12:19
thats why I dont like using Firewalls at all while surfing/torrenting since most of the Blocked access connections are FW related issues !! anyway,its good that uT acted fast & provided a public solution

anon
17.08.08, 17:45
Good I don't use NOD's IMON :tongue:
If you mix it with a false positive, it becomes frustrating to see a download reach 99% then get canceled, and not knowing what's going on...

Aurion
18.08.08, 12:47
good thing is not to use any firewalls during torrenting since u already gave urself a permission to access a very open-source networks while leeching from users PCs :biggrin:

anon
18.08.08, 17:57
I have Outpost v4 installed, but it's been in "disabled mode" for weeks, because I test a lot of new programs every day and don't want to be bugged by Network access warnings that stack up in the 5 seconds it takes me to temporarily turn it off :tongue:
"Disabled mode" still protects me from outside attacks though, so combinating it with being careful with what I run is the best option for me :biggrin:

Aurion
19.08.08, 18:41
well,I love that mode alot since it let u have a flexible PCing experience,I used to be on that mode using Zonealarm since it was a light anti-engine monitoring all processes/services actions in a very fast interval

anon
19.08.08, 19:57
And if you're careful with what you run, you (mostly) won't need your FW to nag you with access warnings, but just defend yourself from outside attacks :tongue:

Aurion
21.08.08, 17:46
yeah sure,its just a state of mine u know :top: