PDA

View Full Version : Private Tracker Ratio Hacking - Busted Myth? Or Reality?

SealLion
16.08.08, 20:56
[DISCLAIMER] — The purpose of this article is not aimed to teach people how to hack their ratios on private trackers. A simple Google search will provide much more information than what is written here. We do not condone nor recommend doing this. Not only will you quite possibly jeopardize your account, but more importantly it’s discernibly negative for filesharing in general. It is selfish and slows down speeds for other users, not to mention a gamut of other baneful side effects. It is with our utmost sincerity when we say we hope that everyone who cheats gets caught and banned.

LOL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

With this article we bring forth awareness, and probably from what you’ll read - deterrence. Is that because ratio hacking on private trackers doesn’t work? No, it’s not that. It works TOO well - the results from our testing were obscenely lop-sided and so blatantly obvious that they’d be impossible for tracker staff to ignore - if they were looking, that is.

Keep on rock'in. :biggrin::biggrin:

Leech 'em till they bleed.

LINK:
http://filesharefreak.com/ (http://filesharefreak.com/2008/08/11/private-tracker-ratio-hacking-busted-myth-or-reality/)

o

anon
16.08.08, 21:03
We didn’t do any Google searching to find modded/hacked BitTorrent clients - we didn’t have to. We turned to the true authority on this - http://www.sb-innovation.de.

We turned to the true authority on this - http://www.sb-innovation.de.

http://www.sb-innovation.de.

:klatsch_3:

The fact that they didn't get caught after 4 days of running our clients leaves a nice message :biggrin:

Btw, the real link to the article is

http://filesharefreak.com/2008/08/11/private-tracker-ratio-hacking-busted-myth-or-reality/
:top:

SealLion
16.08.08, 23:16
Hey everyone. Look at this continuation of the 'report':

....and it’s a known fact that many trackers are connected to each other. Try this on one account and you may find yourself banned from other trackers that you never cheated on.

THIS IS TOTALLY NOT TRUE.

It is a myth that is generated by those who wish to navigate cheaters away from cheating.

admins do not have the time to communicate with one another over member lists.

Also. Look at this comment:

#
09 • Faster Says: 12.08.08 at 9:13 am

Not password protected, you need only to register, then you have the newest and best leecher mods of the worlds for free download ;)
Very easy :)

He's one of ours..:top::top::top::top::klatsch_3::klatsch_3::k latsch_3::klatsch_3:

Here's another one:

I laught at all those people that are paying money to keep their ratio. :D

A most excellent point.

anon
16.08.08, 23:26
THIS IS TOTALLY NOT TRUE.

It is a myth that is generated by those who wish to navigate cheaters away from cheating.

admins do not have the time to communicate with one another over member lists

Of course it isn't true, very few trackers do that, but what else do you want them to say for people reading their comments not to cheat :tongue:

He's one of ours..:top::top::top::top::klatsch_3::klatsch_3::k latsch_3::klatsch_3:

Yes, and I know who :biggrin: (not me :biggrin:)

A most excellent point.

Agree. The chance SBI gives people to be able to hold up a decent ratio if they can't donate or upload 1:1 is fantastic :smile:

Logitech
17.08.08, 00:19
lol they didn't really cheated wisely they just upload 322GB on a tracker.
Sure they will notice that c'mon you need to know what you're doing when you're cheating and not just do full upload speed and then use the 111x multiplier.

anon
17.08.08, 00:25
Maybe they think they'll get less people to cheat if they say "uT mods sent a 322GB upload in our tests, and this is easily detectable"...

SealLion
17.08.08, 07:02
Those were carefully crafted words that the authors used to steer potential pple away from cheating.

The story that was posted is both good and bad for SBI.

GOOD: it allows SBI to increase its membership and use of leecher mods. It also allows the forum to increase its profile.

BAD; too much publicity may not be all that good. Though, I can't quite put my finger on it specifically.

I wouldn't be afraid of admins or tracker mods coming here to investigate who's who.

Tracker Admins are harmless pple. They'll just cruise the forums and see whats up.

rEally,... all we do is just chat about whatever. Tracker admins aren't interested in that.

...though they could download some of the mods, but I believe that one has to be active, yes???

So what will they do with the mods??
Probably use them on thier own sites, my guess.

Overall. I wouldn;'t worry about so much publicity. I mean..... it could just attract more coders. Thats good, yes???

more members, yes??

more reputation, yes??

Your thoughts??

HOLY FRAK!!!!
MY threads become a 'sticky'!!!

Logitech
17.08.08, 10:22
It's good when it attracts coders, but probably the forum is going to get new members that won't even try using the search button.
If that happens the hole forum is going to be pretty hard to navigate properly.

Tough it's good that finally SB-I gets the reps instead of seba.

CindyVer
17.08.08, 11:13
There's nothing positive about being very popular and known as the biggest leecher-board. Off course you need an active forum with members that do post things, test the new mods and attract some gifted coders, but people tend to forget that an unknown cheating-mod is way safer than a cheating-mod that is used by a mass of people. At a certain point the cheating get's a real problem because too many people use it, and the tracker-admins have no choice but to implement safety measures.

I have always been in favour of small leecher-boards where only a small amount of people have access to the cheating-tools/mods. In the beginning it was like that, but with BT growing more popular the cheating became more popular too and most people just care for their popularity and are proud to be known all over the internet for having a leecher-blog/board and hand out these leecher-mods to all.

I always believed cheating should be done by people that are really experienced in BT. That know the ins and outs of regular BT. Lately it is the other way around: people with no BT-experience or knowledge arrive here, or at other 'public' cheating boards and without any experience they start cheating everywhere, and getting caught off course.

Anyway ... that's how it goes nowadays and nobody can stop it.

About private-trackers exchanging IP's ... yes it has happened before on the highest level trackers, because there's a lot of staffers at these trackers that all know each-other, but it doesn't happen regularly.

At the lower-level-trackers it is never done. Most trackers see each-other as rivals (f.e. ScT and FTN) and would rather die than to exchange some info.

zatoicchi
17.08.08, 11:42
Publicity can bring about a negative effect and a positive effect, sure its always good to publicize if we can attracts good members but too much publicity on the other can also bring about bad outcomes..

Logitech
17.08.08, 12:03
Already see the new posts:

Plox me help neet for Vuze.

Aurion
23.08.08, 01:53
actually I came across that article surfing the same website that posted it till I found it already posted here !! Anyway,its good that the whole World is now familiar with the word SB-I but in the same time,its kinda scarey that more & more Trackers admins would watch out for some of their members that might be using one of our mods !! I guess we should expand our modding process in order not to lose it all :biggrin:

Long Live SB-I :top:

SealLion
23.08.08, 06:43
Reppy: Honestly. I wouldn't worry about being caught cheating by admins by using a mod..any mod for that reason. {WEll. There may be some exceptions}.

The reason for this is the following:

anti-cheat scripts are not all what the admins or mods claim them to be. Here's an example: How many times have you cheated at some high {or medium, or low} level tracker and not been caught??

Tracker admins who discover this site aren't going to discover your identity there if your a member here. Unless of course you use the same user name here as there.

Tracker admins will have a difficult time tearing apart the mods script and making some adjustment to thier anti cheat scripts...if they even have them at all!!
I am of the opionion that most prob don't even have anti cheat scripts.They just claim they do. MInd you....you or I have no proof that they do. Thats my opionion.

Any mods or admins who come to visit here are fairly harmless. They're just here to peruse the forums and see whats up. To see what we're talking about, which is actually not that much different than the kind of chat that happens in thier own forums with the exception that we add 'cheating'. Thats all.

Look at moofdev.org. It started out as a forum for new softwares and was turned into a cheater's den with the concentration on RM. It eventually was visited by Oink and a number of other admins. They were harmless. All they did was visit, post a few times, and thats all.

NOw look at the forums at greedytorrent. com...same thing. Admins come to visit, post, argue about cheating/ not cheating, etc, etc. So what????

HOnestly. If an admin comes to visit here, makes himself known to the community, It wouldn't be all that bad. It would add 'content' to the site in the sense of a discussion with an admin.
So whats wrong with that?? Nothing IMHO.

Could you have an adult discussion with an admin here about cheating and not have to worry about getting banned from his site??
I think that you could.

NOw...could you discuss with an admin at his site and have to worry ior be concerned about being banned??

definitely....I know first hand. Actually. The site that I was at I didn't give a damn about anyways. So I didn't care about being banned.

But the point of the matter is a difference in being able to discuss; not be concerned about being banned vs. being banned at some tracker site and get banned b/c the admin know that your a cheater cuz your talking to him about it.

So seriously. Whats wrong with pple, such as admins coming to visit here??

believe me....nothing.

I understand your concern about the community being 'found out'.

But its not really that big of a concern. The community has already been 'found out' on filesharefreak. Yes????

It would have been found out one way or another.

Here's a different description of what I mean: Look at the sites list of 'secret trackers'.
REad of the different sites.

wEll. guess what??....All those 'secret' tracker sites were found out; were found out before b/c pple have been wanting to get into those sites, advertised about thier desire to get an invite into them somehow, and now even more pple know about those 'secret trackers' . Yes???

Those 'secret tracker' sites had to make themselves known somehow for pple to get into them. Yes??

WEll. HOw do you think that they did that???

They made themselves known somehow.

HOw else would forums such as us here and those 'secret tracker' sites have any activity??
This forum exists for one basic reason: to be active, let alone to have its mods be used. ....Read that again....to have its mods be used. Yes???

Your using this forum's mods. Yes??

Should other pple not use the mods as well??

HOw could they not use it if the forum doesn';t have some kind of exposure??

and who gives a 'bleep' about the admins....I've already spoken about them earlier.

They obviously had to have made themselves known in one way or another. Yes??

anyways...getting back to filesharefreak..or whatever its called again......and about this forum being 'found out'....

Even so.
Not everyone on that site is going to read about us. They're going to read other news on other stuff instead. You can't assume that just b/c we've been mentioned on some website that pple will come flocking here.

And even if they do....maybe thats good. Why should tracker members pay to leech or even put up with ratios on sites where it may be difficult to seed on such as waffles.fm...what a bitch it was to seed there before I gave that account away.

anyways...thats my opionion so please we won't argue about such topics. Only discusse. Yes???

o

CindyVer
23.08.08, 12:03
Only discuss ... yes ... I don't agree with you SeaLion, because it hasn't anything to do with tracker staff knwing about this board.

It's about the number of people using a mod, and the more people using it, the more it gets a problem to the BT-community. If only 100 people would have their hands on a cheating-mod, than nobody would even notice, but as it is now, some trackers ban entire IP-ranges for some countries.

That is a result of the fact that cheating at private trackers has become one of the biggest problems for the staff, next to invite/account-trading/selling, hit 'n run, etc ...

I remember the days where BT wasn't known at all and when there were 1000 times less cheaters than now ... you could chat at every tracker without worrying at all, because the staff didn't even know there was any cheating going on. Those times are gone forever and the only reason is the amount of cheaters has grown to problematic proportions.

SealLion
24.08.08, 05:32
Cindy: So what I understand is that there are too many pple using a mod at any point in time. Yes??

OK. So what would be a solution then for hundreds if not thousands of pple using a mod??

What about all the coders in here that make up thier mods for pple like you and me to use?/

The coders WANT us, and everyone else on the net who is into bittorrenting, TO USE thier mods. Thats what the purpose of thier coding mods is.

The purpose is not to let them sit idle or go to waste. If only one or 2 pple use thier mods, is thier mod being used effectively??

I would say probably not. Thats b/c there's only 1 or 2 pple using it. The coders here want lots of pple to use thier mods. The more pple use it and report bugs in it, the more it is improved. Would you not agree??

Coders make thier mods so that many pple can use it, not just thier family members or whatever.

Yes. Cindy. Its true that some bt trackers ban ip ranges.
WEll.
There isn't much that we can do about that, is there?
We just have to live with it, I guess.

But I just wanted to make my point about the fact that mods are made to be used.

Not just to be used by less than a handful of pple.

Coders want to make losts of mods for different purposes. Different pple will use different mods for thier own purposes. I don't believe that you can make a mod to satisfy all people.

Coders make mods for pple that have different cheating purposes...to stealth, to fake download, to spoof upload, to X10, etc..etc..

sure. That may be true about bittorrenting not being as popular as it is now. But thats all part of the evolution of the internet.

If the internet didn't evolve the way that it has over the last number of years, you and I and many other pple wouldn't be benefiting the way that we do {in innumerable ways too} from the internet.

bittorrenting is part of the evolution of the net, cindy.

just as much as technology changes year after year, so does also the internet and bittorrenting. Technology evolves as equally as bittorrenting.

YOu can't stop evolution. You cant stop the flow of information either.

cindy...let me ask you something.....Do you have the right to information??

If you answered yes, well then 1000's of other pple have the right to information too. Yes??

this forum offers information in the form of mods for cheating and info on different bittorrent sites.

Thats information that we offer. And I believe, and I am sure that you also believe that other pple also have the right to information.

Information is also an ever changing{evolving} element/concept.

You cant' stop the internet and no one has the right to be refused information.

Thats the whole concept behind the internet: to provide information.

Not to dissuade pple from attaining it.

Cindy. This is the age of the internet. Its the age of information.

Ostracized
24.08.08, 13:08
In bittorrent someone has to actually upload for you to download. So if everyone cheated you wouldnt be able to. That is what he is talking about.

SealLion
24.08.08, 15:25
I believe that you may have the wrong idea of what we're talking about.

We're talking about the basic concept of accessibility to spoof tools.

cindy is saying that there's too many spoofers right now and that many more pple will have access to spoofing tools as a result of being noticed by another website.

I'm talking about the right of pple to accessibility to information and the info {and tools} this forum provides as a result of being noticed by that same website and the inherent course it has.

I think most pple are afraid of change.

To deny pple the opportunity to have tools and info, is in my opionion, a moral violation to accessibility to it.

It also violates the basic concept of what the coders make their software for: Their software be used.

Logitech
24.08.08, 15:33
SealLion I agree with you, but I can find myself in Cindy's opinion.

If many people use it there will be less real seeders.
Less real seeders will result in lower download speeds and less content.
Also when many people use mods tracker owners will try to find a way to block them, because they earn money with the tracker.
When there alot of cheaters they won't sell there upload credits.

CindyVer
24.08.08, 15:45
We're talking about the basic concept of accessibility to spoof tools.

cindy is saying that there's too many spoofers right now and that many more pple will have access to spoofing tools as a result of being noticed by another website.

I'm talking about the right of pple to accessibility to information and the info {and tools} this forum provides as a result of being noticed by that same website and the inherent course it has.

I think most pple are afraid of change.

To deny pple the opportunity to have tools and info, is in my opionion, a moral violation to accessibility to it.

It also violates the basic concept of what the coders make their software for: Their software be used.

SealLion,

You are turning this into a much bigger issue about the freedom of information, but that has nothing to do with this, because we are talking about tools that become harmfull to a network if used 'en masse'. It has nothing to do with change, but with usefulness of the tools in question.

I always find this opinions a bit strange, we, the P2P-cheaters are considered to be the filth of the P2P-users. P2P-users are considered to be filth because they steal from the 'release-scene', who on their turn are considered to be filth because they steal from music/movie and other companies.

I don't think any of us should mention freedom of information because neither of us have very high moral standards. :rolling_eyes:

A lot of leecher-mod-coders don't want their mods to be spread all over the internet because they know that would be harmfull.

SealLion
24.08.08, 21:58
I don't think any of us should mention freedom of information because neither of us have very high moral standards. :rolling_eyes:

LOL.

ok then.

SealLion
31.08.08, 05:42
Cheats Says:....A good cheater using a good program wont get caught. And the biggest cheaters are right under most staffs noses…Sitting in the IRC channels.

taken from filesharefreak.

ain't that right. :biggrin::shockkk!:

He must be one of ours too. Ya!!

LizardBoy Says: Well if Private Tracker sites weren’t such anal, militant fascists about ratios in the first place users wouldn’t need to cheat

taken from filesharefreak.

I both agree and disagree. Without all the ratio requirements, we'd be seeding for months or weeks.

Though we do get higher upload rates and as a result, much quicker downloads.
Free of the pay per install garbage and virus laden .exe's when downloading appz.

Tinkle
13.12.08, 08:03
i believe cheating or not cheating is a personal choice secondly ppl dint adopt to cheat coz they want to bt coz too much rules on ratio have lead to such a problem i mean think about ppl who wish to seed bt seed at rate of 2kbps
u can expect them to attain ratio of over one at the same time think of them as a generous download member
i believe if trackers impose more legitimate method like counting seeding time then wht amount of time he spends on tracker if all these things r taken cheating can be reduced
bt mostly ppl adopt it for saving their own accounts
and see many sites claim titles knowledge is free hahaha and still dont keep accounts more than 15000
i agree with cindy this is modern age for every security there is surely atleast on way to crack security thats wht makes internet special and lively

anon
13.12.08, 08:24
i believe if trackers impose more legitimate method like counting seeding time then wht amount of time he spends on tracker if all these things r taken cheating can be reduced

Some do - for example, BCG has seed points, and LL seed bonuses. I personally think that BCG's system gives everyone the chance to keep up a good ratio without cheating at all, if you have the needed time to keep your client seeding.

Aurion
15.12.08, 20:49
I both agree and disagree. Without all the ratio requirements, we'd be seeding for months or weeks.

Though we do get higher upload rates and as a result, much quicker downloads.
Free of the pay per install garbage and virus laden .exe's when downloading appz.

That's the point I would assume we took in our defense lines...yeah I might be calling it defense line,being a good cheater with all those enormouse amounts of newely added torrents is a great risk tho,wither you're just ignoring the fact that being in one of those trackers is already a positive thing you already chased before...so after all,IMO seeding or just hitting a complete 1.0 ratio on any torrent is kinda risky move...

czullo
16.12.08, 09:09
I think we need go to underground for some time its dangerous we can be banned.... haha

jolas
18.12.08, 10:46
1 - ratio or no ratio ?
2 - cheating and why?
3 - seedboxes

if theres ratio, some off our bandwights cant handle it, very slow upload speeds can kill anyone aspiration to achive a decent tracker, ( decent - safer + whit more contents - ...)

so... it all ends like this:

knowadays we see more and more kids, around 15, 16, 17 years old, using torrents, many of them allready have a seedbox. comprehensive or not, its not them who pay the bills, dad, mom, does it for them.

im, my case i live alone, i pay my house, my internet, my car , gaz, electrecity, blablabnlab...

i sim+ply cant afford a seedbox, and theres no better internet connection for me, cause where i live there doenst exist 1 mg upload connection ( this is the best my country currently offers 1mb upload!!!! ) soon we will have digital connections whit 4 and 5mb of upload maybe than i will stop using rm shu and others. )

so. what can i do? i try my best to seedback i really do, but i go to a sct or any others famous trackers, theres seedboxes everywhere, how can i compet whit that? seriouly i can´t!!!!

i try to stick whit no ratio trackers, but theres a need to seed in there also, or do u think that if u go to ftn and leech like hell and never seed you account will be ok for many years? youre freeaking wrong.

i need this if i whant to survive among the sharks.

ps: its rules, made for user by user, never overseed! seedboxes are not a requirement and everyone knows everyone in there!

overseed is also a crime in my book.

czullo
18.12.08, 15:25
seedboxes in my opinion i also a cheat but for looser who can use brains and have too much money :D

Aurion
19.12.08, 06:41
@jolas: I liked this part "I want to survive among sharks" lol you're way too funny m8! but I think you're kinda right about this...some of the missing parts of the well known journey of buffering accounts are just overwhelming when you see the fact that you're among people who just care about when will their next account to buffer be ?! or even worse,they just made a 30+ TB buffer on SCC & just started dreaming to be uploaders...WTF,I think this is absolute LAME when you realize that a small bandwith sharer like you won't even have any idea of surviving among such output connections...Anyway,after all I guess it's just a pure state of mind of wither to go right or wrong when being in such deep holey (I mean like hole :P) places...

jolas
19.12.08, 16:33
thats why everyday, i appreciate what you guys do, and all the ppl who come here to share knowlage or simple feedback. :)

in my stupid opinion: theres 2 kinds of trackers: larger ones, like sct or scc or scl ( sucks bad ) and theres the other ones, like bcg, ftn, its, e**** where everyone can seed, whitouth any kind of problems, mainly because, where so few, and handpicked. we care about it, we understand that overseeding is bad, for others.

i hope to see more, like ftn and bcg, or even acid, whit is double upload feature.
if sct way of living, i.e (selling mb, gb) ruled the world, i bet more and more ppl whould eventually use shumod, but thank good, theres smart ppl out there.

Aurion
23.12.08, 23:29
if sct way of living, i.e (selling mb, gb) ruled the world, i bet more and more ppl whould eventually use shumod, but thank good, theres smart ppl out there.

Even with enough GB credits you can't reach almost 1TB buffer man,that's why the necessity for a boosting tool in order to NJoy having an account in such trackers...but this my own opinion! so after all,it all depends on person's state of mind & his creditability for either being a straight up member or just call the "Fun Toast" from time to time :biggrin:

jolas
24.12.08, 01:05
thats called greed. thats why so much ppl fail, and taste the worm in the hook :p

you are or not, you cant choese, to be or not. thats why you use shu.

Aurion
28.12.08, 23:00
@jolas: yeah,you can call it greed somehow but still at very low trackers with loads of torrents (such as Domonoid & Empornium) you can do almost 3TB on a 50GB torrent without getting noticed...self experience here :D

anon
29.12.08, 00:28
at very low trackers with loads of torrents (such as Domonoid & Empornium) you can do almost 3TB on a 50GB torrent without getting noticed...

Demonoid doesn't have scripts, so it doesn't count :tongue: Some other trackers where you can "Pimp your Ratio" (:wink:) like that are BitSoup and LL. :cool:

Aurion
06.01.09, 20:45
Demonoid doesn't have scripts, so it doesn't count :tongue: Some other trackers where you can "Pimp your Ratio" (:wink:) like that are BitSoup and LL. :cool:

Well,actually Demonoid is still a private tracker,so I consider it in this equation.... but actually I saw people with almost 6TB up while having only 500GB down... :biggrin: which is pure LAME!

anon
06.01.09, 20:53
Well,actually Demonoid is still a private tracker

Mmm, isn't Demonoid semi-private? You don't have to be a member to download from it as long as you have the .torrents, which don't have a passkey embedded on them :tongue:

mindofthewonderful
11.03.09, 00:39
This was the topic that led me to your forum :D
It's intriguing to have access to some cool thing :)

GotIt
07.12.09, 13:25
Yeah, same with mindofthewonderful. I was kind of curious about cheating ratio when that amazing post/article bumped me into you guys :)

A lifechanging moment may I add !

So yeah, Long Live SBI :D

Edit: lol pretty big bump xD haha

anon
07.12.09, 16:37
*write something about how the FSF article gave us an influx of new members here*

Edit: lol pretty big bump xD haha

No problem, this is an sticky.

theintervurt
02.12.10, 22:01
Thats how I got here :)