PDA

View Full Version : Ochoa leads Canadian Women’s Open

zatoicchi
16.08.08, 05:08
OTTAWA (AP)—Defending champion Lorena Ochoa shot a 4-under 68 on Friday to take a two-stroke lead during the suspended second round of the Canadian Women’s Open, while Michelle Wie had a 70 to put herself in position to make the cut.

Ochoa, the winner last year at Royal Mayfair in Edmonton, Alberta, had a 10-under 134 total on the tree-lined Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club course.

Australia’s Katherine Hull matched the course record with a 65 to join Taiwan’s Yani Tseng, the McDonald’s LPGA Championship winner, at 8 under. Tseng was 6 under through 10 holes when play was suspended because of hail and rain.

None of the afternoon starters were able to finish the round.

Wie, using the last of her six 2008 LPGA Tour sponsor exemptions, followed her opening 75 with the 70 to finish at 1 over.

“I felt a lot more confident with my putter,” Wie said. “I had a lot of great up and downs today. There were a few holes where it could have gone either way and I just grinded it through. I’m proud of myself for shooting under par today and it sets me up for Saturday and Sunday.”

Ochoa leads Canadian Women's Open (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-lpgatour&prov=ap&type=lgns)

SealLion
16.08.08, 05:20
fuck'in eh!!! Canadian!!!!!:klatsch_3::klatsch_3::klatsch_3:

....ooopps.......

Plz excuse my language. Can't help the joy. :biggrin::biggrin: