PDA

View Full Version : Next 'Harry Potter' film delayed

zatoicchi
15.08.08, 11:04
Hogwarts fans looking for something to do this holiday season will have to settle for the December release of J.K. Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Warner Bros. announced Thursday that it is delaying the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince until next summer. The film had been expected to be released later this year.

"Our reasons for shifting 'Half-Blood Prince' to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment," Warner Bros. President Alan Horn said in a statement. "Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers' strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films--changing the competitive landscape for 2009."

Next 'Harry Potter' film delayed (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10017647-56.html?tag=blog.promos)

yoco
18.08.08, 21:16
Americans and their money :rolleyes2:

No offense to anyone!

anon
18.08.08, 21:22
It's a general business decision IMO: releasing it when you know it'll be more successful :tongue:

Aurion
21.08.08, 23:45
LOL I guess WarnerBros is scared to have their Major series to be leaked just as "The Dark Night" did !! thats why I think they announced a delay clearly just to figure out something to override the leak :biggrin:

bbb18
19.06.09, 19:36
It's a general business decision IMO: releasing it when you know it'll be more successful :tongue:

I second that, anon :wink:

anon
19.06.09, 20:01
Nice bump, by the way. :tongue: