PDA

View Full Version : Sharing 2999 Songs, 199 Movies Becomes ‘Safe’ in Germany

anon
14.08.08, 21:02
Prosecutors in a German state have announced they will refuse to entertain the majority of file-sharing lawsuits in future. It appears that only commercial-scale copyright infringers will be pursued, with those sharing under 3000 music tracks and 200 movies dropping under the prosecution radar.

Sharing 2999 Songs, 199 Movies Becomes ‘Safe’ in Germany | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/sharing-2999-songs-199-movies-becomes-safe-in-germany-080814/)

I have 230 tracks and 61 movies in my Ares library, I think I'd be safe :)

Logitech
14.08.08, 23:35
And what if you only download albums. You know the ones that are not splitted into several tracks, but are just one file?

anon
14.08.08, 23:40
You have a point there :biggrin: I guess it would depend on the legal definition (or the one they're using :tongue:) of "track", if they consider every .mp3 to be a single music track, then that kind of albums would pass as just 1 even if it actually had more than one song inside, hehe :tongue:

Logitech
14.08.08, 23:49
Logitech is busy merging.

song1.mp3 + song2.mp3 = song.mp3

restoring ID3 tages.

With this method I can easily get below 3000 songs.

anon
14.08.08, 23:51
Too bad for file hashes, the .mp3s won't be recognized anymore as the same track/s for P2P programs and you will share less :tongue:

Logitech
14.08.08, 23:53
Who cares about sharing I use Vuze SB-I:tongue:

anon
15.08.08, 00:10
And what about Lime/FrostWire, Ares, eMule, etc :tongue:

gokhan
15.08.08, 00:51
And what about Lime/FrostWire, Ares, eMule, etc :tongue:

Theese are really "unsafe" programs. Using eMule with a paranoid ipfilter + PeerGuardian would be safe enough I guess :)

anon
15.08.08, 00:59
Limewire is quite safe if you disable "limelinks", filter adult content and the word "webcam", and only use it to download MP3s :) All of this while using an IP blocker like PG and an up-to-date blocklist just like you said :top:

Aurion
16.08.08, 17:39
lol look @ them they are finalizing their piece of art made by their fancy dreams !! well at least no one would care for paying extra bux to buy those silly official artist releases !!

@Logitech: well its not about merging,the thing is that most of the digital rights especially music releases have their digital marks signed in small bytes inside every single track which called watermarks/digital signatures !! but as I stated before,moving a single track between different PCs (while having different IPs connected to the Inet) for several times,will get this watermark disabled :top: (was doing that all the time with my Unreleased tunes I get from everyone) :klatsch_3:

anon
16.08.08, 20:39
@Logitech: well its not about merging,the thing is that most of the digital rights especially music releases have their digital marks signed in small bytes inside every single track which called watermarks/digital signatures !! but as I stated before,moving a single track between different PCs (while having different IPs connected to the Inet) for several times,will get this watermark disabled :top: (was doing that all the time with my Unreleased tunes I get from everyone) :klatsch_3:

You can also just reencode them with LamedropXPd :top: