PDA

View Full Version : BrokenStones Back Up

shoulder
10.08.08, 12:19
After a little down time the site is back up. We are on a new host and the site is fast, smoking fast!

Since the entire site had to be moved there will mostly be bugs here and there. Please be patient and let us know about them....

Welcome back everyone

PS

Freeleech :grin:
Good news for all Mac users. :smile:

anon
10.08.08, 19:42
Brokenstones is back, there'll be a version of uTorrent for the Mac... the sun's shining for MACers ^^

xarda
10.08.08, 20:10
LOL they vowed never to open again and a month later "hey we're back!"..finding real jobs to support themselves must have been a bitch :P

anon
10.08.08, 20:12
Well, that's a bit funny, but... would you really have prefered that they stayed closed forever? ;D

xarda
10.08.08, 21:19
Well, that's a bit funny, but... would you really have prefered that they stayed closed forever? ;D

It's not the fact that they closed and re opened..its the fact that they wrote a letter swearing never to open or if they did never to take the name of brokenstones.. Its like you saying I'm never coming back to XYZ because the users suck, I hate them all, and I'm quit torrenting..then a week later you're back on XYZ's site. What I'm trying to say is that they over reacted to their situation and acted like drama queens.

anon
10.08.08, 21:24
Yeah well, I can't say they haven't broken their "vow" not to even return and if so, with the same name...

And if XYZ is addicting it's ok to come back after you've said that IMO :biggrin:

zatoicchi
10.08.08, 21:57
wow, what a big surprised after all the publicity regarding closing pemanently..anyway hope they have a safer location where they can at least be safe ..

shoulder
10.08.08, 22:28
I'm curious what now happens to his successors VN and STC.

I've heard some of the STC staff are from the old BS staff, let's see if the stay at STC or if they go back to BS.

anon
10.08.08, 22:36
That'll be an interesting thing to see: whether they keep on "bootstrapping" Save the Coratee with all their knowledge, or choose to simply go back to the good old Brokenstones...

shoulder
10.08.08, 22:39
I hope they stay at STC.
So that there are 2 tracker, if one will close there's at least another as alternative.

And BS surely have enough qualified staff members, otherwise they wouldn't have relaunched.

zatoicchi
10.08.08, 22:46
i thought VN is no more..didnt they have an article regarding VN closing down...

anon
10.08.08, 23:07
I hope they stay at STC.
So that there are 2 tracker, if one will close there's at least another as alternative.

Now we're two ^^ It's always good to be able to choose :smile:

@zat: well, it seems to be still up. At least you can access its home and login pages...

zatoicchi
11.08.08, 00:39
Now we're two ^^ It's always good to be able to choose

well at least if i ever do decide to migrate to apple at least i know that there is someplace i can go to..

anon
11.08.08, 18:40
Planning to switch to Macs in the future?

Even if you are not, it's always good to know how to do stuff with them, and the "equivalents" of the WinApps you use :wink:

Aurion
12.08.08, 17:22
@shoulder: I think if a certain person is responsible enough to run a huge place,then tasks can be handled easily to him & he would not mind taking the lead :top: (business term :tongue:)

anon
12.08.08, 20:38
Brokenstones is quite big so we have to talk about more than 1 person :biggrin:
And rest assured StC (I almost write ScT ^^) will only keep on growing :top:

Aurion
13.08.08, 18:39
LOL anon u have to be kidding me man ??!! I meant as a in general terms of resposbility :shockkk!:

anon
13.08.08, 19:52
I think you misunderstood me, or reversed :biggrin:

You said:

I think if a certain person is responsible enough to run a huge place,then tasks can be handled easily to him & he would not mind taking the lead
And I mean that I agree with that, but that I think a big community like Brokenstones probably has more than one person/admin taking care of it :)

Aurion
16.08.08, 18:48
LOL anon I gotcha this time :tongue::tongue: was teasing ya :biggrin: no offense buddy,I knew what u meant just wanted to kid ya

anon
16.08.08, 19:38
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :cool2:

OK then :biggrin: