PDA

View Full Version : EA developing 'Godfather II' game

zatoicchi
10.08.08, 12:16
Electronic Arts is developing The Godfather II, a sequel to its 2006 video game based on the classic '70s Mafia movie.

The game will connect with the storyline to Francis Ford Coppola's 1974 film but will not feature flashback scenes that recount mob boss Vito Corleone's early life. Gamers will control a new member of the Corleone family who is rising through the criminal ranks.

EA's Nick Earl told Variety: "The flashbacks that are so great as a film experience don't really work for a game. We've created our own story that weaves in and out with the film and hits its major touchpoints."

Gaming - News - EA developing 'Godfather II' game (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a120597/ea-developing-godfather-ii-game.html)

anon
10.08.08, 18:50
We've created our own story that weaves in and out with the film and hits its major touchpoints.

I hope they have invented a very good own story for the game, otherwise it may be a failure because of not following the original one...

gokhan
10.08.08, 19:04
Finally a nice game for my Wii :) (IN hope for it's development for wii)

Aurion
12.08.08, 17:11
LOL its a nice chance for ppl (like me) who addicted the first part of this awesome game to continue the Blood spelling line with another wonderfull experience :top:

anon
12.08.08, 18:16
with another wonderfull experience :top:

Hopefully for you the 2nd part's actually fun and not just a GTA clone :biggrin:

Aurion
16.08.08, 19:14
nah,im sure the new part will be a Blast since EA never went wrong with its Trademarked games :top: