PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars' game merchandise 'biggest ever'

zatoicchi
09.08.08, 11:28
LucasArts is lining up what it says will be its biggest licensing programme for a video game when it releases a range of toys, books and more on the back of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

The title, due out on September 19 on PSP, Wii, DS, PS3, PS2 and Xbox 360, will spawn a range of merchandise similar to that seen with the Star Wars movies.

Product lead Haden Blackman said: "This is basically the biggest licensing programme we’ve seen for a Star Wars game in recent memory, and we’re doing a chunk of products that you’d normally see for a film release.

"There’s a novel based on the story of the game, a comic book adaptation that looks at different characters’ point of view, and a really gorgeous 'Making Of' book featuring a ton of never-before-seen concept art.

'Star Wars' game merchandise 'biggest ever' (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a120639/star-wars-game-merchandise-biggest-ever.html)

Rebound
09.08.08, 12:41
A very good game, very cool trailer, but not for pc. :frown:

I would play the game, but i can´t without a pc version.

best regards

Rebound

Aurion
09.08.08, 13:43
lol star wars has smashed all expectations on previous versions all the time,but as RB said they should also leak a PC version release info :klatsch_3:

anon
09.08.08, 21:14
@RB: true :frown: At least you can play the PS2 version in your comp with an emulator, I think ps2 games are the most emu-friendly...

yoco
11.08.08, 10:39
Can't wait for the release date. :klatsch_3:

Aurion
12.08.08, 17:09
@RB: true :frown: At least you can play the PS2 version in your comp with an emulator, I think ps2 games are the most emu-friendly...

yeah but u know most advanced PC users do their chances in emulating PS3 games too,u know WWW is full of awesome goodies :tongue:

anon
12.08.08, 18:20
Yep, I have found a handful of PS3 emulation sites and forums after using :google: :tongue:
But my guess is that you need to have hardware that is, as a minimum, a bit more powerful than the real console's, for games to be playable...

Aurion
16.08.08, 19:19
as a minimum, a bit more powerful than the real console's, for games to be playable...

well,maybe but I think u ONLY need a powerful DVD rom,a couple of 2gigs RAM stix & some HDD space :tongue:

anon
16.08.08, 20:27
And a powerful processor :wink:

Aurion
17.08.08, 17:36
And a powerful processor :wink:

well its not important to have such a porweful processor regarding running multiple threads since the thing that counts when running heavy appz/games is the cache size of ur CPU which should be a monster one tho !! :top:

anon
17.08.08, 20:16
You're right about the cache :smile: but the PS3's processor has a clock frequence of 3.2Ghz, and if you add up the overhead of the emulator pretending to be the console's CPU for a game... this is why I thought you also need to have a powerful processor for games to be playable :biggrin:

Aurion
18.08.08, 13:04
nah dont worry,I just need a GFX card ugently (my processor is already on 4Mb cache + my 3GB rams) so really i think im gonna grab a new one soon

anon
18.08.08, 19:17
That's good! :biggrin:
Make sure you don't rush, and check benchmarks and gamers' opinions before buying one or the other :wink:

Aurion
18.08.08, 22:02
LOL dont worry :biggrin: I trust my PC consultant (he gives me extraordinary offers now & then)