PDA

View Full Version : AMD Announces Two New Professional Graphics Accelerators

zatoicchi
09.08.08, 10:49
AMD announced two new professional graphics accelerators Thursday, and with them a new brand for the company, the ATI FirePro V5700 and V3700. The new brand name, ATI FirePro, tries to demonstrate AMD’s continuing commitment to the professional graphics market and its development.

ZoomOf the two new graphics accelerators, the new midrange ATI FirePro V5700 comes with 512 MB of frame buffer memory, dual-link DVI, DisplayPort, HDR rendering, a 30bit display engine, video decode acceleration, and full Blu-ray support that includes picture in picture capabilities and dual stream support. A 30-bit monitor is required for full 30-bit support, for over a billion available colors, providing quite possibly more colors than the human eye can perceive, for maximal color accuracy.

AMD Announces Two New Professional Graphics Accelerators (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/ATI-FirePro-V3700-V5700-Larrabee,news-28903.html)

Nobody
09.08.08, 10:52
Two GPU's prolly? I just haven't been impressed with anything ATI/AMD has put out in the last four years or so. I do hope they give Intel a bit more healthy competition.

Aurion
09.08.08, 18:09
LOL 2 new brandnames in a single shot !!? that sounds Cool tho !! anyway,lets how Nvidia reacts back :tongue:

anon
09.08.08, 22:37
... the new midrange ATI FirePro V5700 comes with 512 MB of frame buffer memory, dual-link DVI, DisplayPort, HDR rendering, a 30bit display engine, video decode acceleration, and full Blu-ray support that includes picture in picture capabilities and dual stream support.

That's a lot of nice features :drool:

Aurion
11.08.08, 18:22
yeah but still a normal 512MB gfx card since 1GB cards already on the market

anon
11.08.08, 18:24
It's still better than my 128MB VRAM :tongue:

Aurion
12.08.08, 16:57
It's still better than my 128MB VRAM :tongue:

LOL u know most of the gfx chipsets lately are based on Turbo Cash processors which already acts as RAM Hogs (so for low end pcs with those cards,they really can NJoy their fast pc as long as they play a complicated game such as Crysis)

anon
12.08.08, 18:05
(so for low end pcs with those cards,they really can NJoy their fast pc as long as they play a complicated game such as Crysis)

Crysis needs a lot of resources IMO, but makes up for this because, if you're given a pic of a real place and another of how the game's engine would render it, it's sometimes hard to tell which one's real and which one isn't :biggrin:

Aurion
15.08.08, 17:54
hmm,u got a point there,but nah a game like Crysis is so damn real that you would notice slight differences between multipe running processes in 3 different OS !! so its just about how ur PC can handle it to the max

anon
15.08.08, 20:54
YG5qDeWHNmk

His PC can handle it to the max :shockkk!:

(but he cheated, look at the video's description :biggrin:)

Aurion
16.08.08, 00:21
looks a giant PC tho :biggrin: anyway,such a game is a RAM hog so u got to have a monster machine to run it smoothly

anon
16.08.08, 00:33
According the video's author, it crashed several times while making it in his PC with 2GB of RAM. I have 1.5GB and a Geforce 5200fx so no thanks :tongue:

Aurion
17.08.08, 12:34
well,I guess the core to run whatever any game u would like is having a decent GFX card + Fine RAM stix all together along with good CPU cache memory for multi threading

anon
17.08.08, 20:18
A good GFX card is probably the most important point; some games go to the extent of not having a software renderer...

Aurion
22.08.08, 20:40
yeah but as I mentioned my own lovely mix (monster rams + CPU cache~2MB+ along with 512MB GFX card) FTW