PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake, the DuOrb AX

zatoicchi
09.08.08, 10:26
http://www.legionhardware.com/Pics/Thermaltake_DuOrb_AX/Image_00.jpg

Today we will be checking out a new product from Thermaltake, the DuOrb AX, which is a universal VGA cooler targeting the mainstream performance sector. Not only does this new product look very impressive, but it has the performance to back the looks, with a fairly straight forward installation process to top it all off...
Earlier this year we checked out the new Thermaltake DuOrb, which at the time was designed to cool the latest and greatest ATI and Nvidia graphics cards. The DuOrb was an impressive product that offered extreme performance at a reasonable price tag. When paired with a GeForce 8800 GT we found that the DuOrb was able to deliver a 47% reduction in load temperatures when compared to the standard Nvidia cooler.

This in itself is obviously very impressive, but what we liked most about the DuOrb was how users got the entire package. For just $50 US the DuOrb came with two 80mm LED fans and mounting brackets to install this heatsink onto just about any and every ATI or Nvidia graphics card out there. Interestingly, while the DuOrb did come with the correct mounting brackets to fit the Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT, 8600 GTS/GT, 7600 GT/GS, and ATI Radeon HD 3850 graphics cards, it turns out it was not necessarily compatible with these products.

Legion Hardware (http://legionhardware.com/document.php?id=764)

Aurion
09.08.08, 18:11
"DuOrb" sounds very interesting for me as a name of a piece of hardware,looks like ur case is gonna flow up high in the sky :tongue:

anon
09.08.08, 22:34
As long as your GFX card is well-fixed to your case everything should be OK :biggrin:
For sure looks like it'll "keep it cool" for some time :biggrin:

zatoicchi
10.08.08, 03:02
yea, its really important for you to have a good cooling system because heat is the cause of major components faillure..

anon
10.08.08, 19:31
heat is the cause of major components faillure..

It's frustrating to have your computer plain power-off several times in a row when you were working, and end up discovering your processor's cooler wasn't working and that the former had been at 70°C all the time... :mad2:

Aurion
11.08.08, 18:21
LOL I dont recall turning my PC off most of the time,it just turns off when the electricity goes off or something :biggrin: thats why I do have 2 cooling fans as big as a medium pane :top:

anon
11.08.08, 18:27
I do have 2 cooling fans as big as a medium pane :top:

Which adjustable speeds through knob(s) in the front of your PC case? :drool:

Aurion
11.08.08, 19:26
Which adjustable speeds through knob(s) in the front of your PC case? :drool:

Well,I configed both of them to pull out hot air from the case while my AC always turned on to cool the room :biggrin: