PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV for PC Release Date Leaked?

zatoicchi
08.08.08, 04:12
http://www.imageflux.net/uploads/789311894027_621_1180097216459-gtaiv2gr.jpg

Probably all the GTA IV fans are already playing the game on their console of choice, but we should never forget the system
that gave birth to the first Grand Theft Auto title - the personal computers. Even though Rockstar hasn't officially confirmed anything, rumors about an October release date for the game started to be heard quite a while ago. Following the console launch (which is definitely a success), Rockstar should officially confirm the PC version (if it really exists) during the coming weeks.

Until then, we have a Swiss website presenting the Grand Theft Auto IV PC version DVD case, together with a price and, what matters most for all of us: the release date. According to the website, the PC version of Rockstar's title will be made available starting the 30th of November this year. What should normally be a further proof that the date is correct (or, at least, that a PC version is in the works) is the fact that pre-order is available. It remains to see how and if Rockstar responds to this... let's call it "leak". They probably won't be too happy, since the official announcement still has to be made.

GTA IV for PC Release Date Leaked? (http://news.softpedia.com/news/GTA-IV-for-PC-Release-Date-Leaked-84459.shtml)

anon
08.08.08, 18:36
It remains to see how and if Rockstar responds to this... let's call it "leak". They probably won't be too happy, since the official announcement still has to be made.

Now, if they decide to release the game earlier, we may end up with a lower quality port/adaption from the console to PC content than what it'd have been if the date hadn't been "leaked". And if they choose to release it later, we'll have to wait extra time... :(

Aurion
09.08.08, 00:41
lol for sure bad its leaked but u know,I guess its a good thing for us,PC user :tongue: damn,the pic is like "fck the Devil !" :biggrin:

anon
09.08.08, 00:45
If they don't change the date :wink:
Btw, nice new avatar Reppy :D

Aurion
09.08.08, 00:48
nah,I bet they wont !! u know more costs for delay :wink:

ooh thanks !! I think I have the same fight in my PC since im a FF user :biggrin:

anon
09.08.08, 00:54
Are you winning against e just like FF in the picture? :biggrin:

Xplite (http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html) is a program that can remove just about every component of XP you want, including IE, OE, etc. There's a free version of it, I don't know if it can uninstall Internet Explorer, but check it out... :top:

Aurion
15.08.08, 19:09
LOL yeah im aware of that nice tool,also try TuneUp Utility 2008 which can completely remove any version of MSN Messenger (even the default windows messenger)

anon
15.08.08, 19:39
Windows Messenger is easy to remove :biggrin::

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%infmsmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
But the latest WLM versions are very invasive (sharing folders, USN service that's constantly running, etc... :mad2:), so a good removal tool is in order if you need to get rid of them :tongue: I have always heard good opinions about TU2008, maybe I'll give it a try... ;)

Aurion
16.08.08, 00:49
yeah its good run a PC without a MSN messenger at all to shape up small bandwith usage :top:

anon
16.08.08, 00:52
ICQ ftw :biggrin: I used msn but not anymore :cool2:

Aurion
16.08.08, 00:58
yeah ICQ is a very resources saving messenger that is always handy & sufficient nice chatting client !! also IRC is a nice binary messenger with a low resources chatting interface :klatsch_3:

anon
16.08.08, 01:03
IRC is like cooperative Notepad :tongue:
Jk :biggrin:
I didn't now Opera had a built-in irc client until i clicked an irc:// link by accident :tongue:

Aurion
17.08.08, 12:26
nah,let me tell u something,I remember when I first got into Inet World,I saw lots of my friends using IRC back then,I was not familiar with MSN messenger (maybe I was not that open-minded regarding Google searches & so,but on the other hand,it was obviously that most of the users prefered IRC back then) so I started using IRC since it was very popular at the time !! Anyway,IMO MSN got way sick than before as more resources wasting plug-ins are being fed into the client which makes it "heavy" on the OS

anon
17.08.08, 19:57
Yea, MSN/WLM got very bloated indeed: sharing folders I'll never use, that usn service always running in the background, it freezes Windows for a second when playing sounds or logging in every time... :mad2:
Glad there's PixaMSN should I need to check my msn for any reason :tongue: