PDA

View Full Version : Siren: Blood Curse Review

zatoicchi
06.08.08, 11:43
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/881/881874/siren-blood-curse-episode-pics-20080616094516032_640w.jpg

Like it or not, the survival horror genre has grown quite stale over the past few years. Players fight through hordes of monsters and bosses to eventually reach an ending, typically found within predictable areas with only a few jumps or suspenseful moments added. In fact, many of the characters within these titles are either more than capable of dealing with the supernatural situations at hand or frequently have more than enough items on hand that can be used as deadly tools. But take a group of normal people into a disturbing situation they have no control over, toss in a malevolent and relentless group of monsters, and mix in some mysterious time and plot reversals and you have Siren: Blood Curse, the recent retelling of the original title released on the PS2 four years ago. Including a new cast of characters, improved graphical engine and episodic content system, Blood Curse is an experiment in both gaming and horror. But does it manage to deliver the thrills and chills, or is it a bland experience waiting to be deleted?

IGN: Siren: Blood Curse Review (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896761p1.html?RSSwhen2008-08-05_183000&RSSid=896761)

Aurion
06.08.08, 18:52
the survival horror genre has grown quite stale over the past few years

yeah I guess this is what most of the gamers like lately,just to keep killing strange monsters/creatures till each level ends up then moving to the next one & so on :rolling_eyes: (got kinda boring tho IMO)

anon
06.08.08, 18:55
And the nice sensation of "bootstrapping" (you start with a knife and a pistol and have to take down 1000000 zombies ^^) :tongue:

Aurion
06.08.08, 21:30
LOOL yeah I remember the very first Resident Evil 1 (Director's Cut) was such a LAME & very hard to play game,zombies were very faaaat (eating their friends :tongue:) and u starts with a silly knife then get ur first pistol after hours of killing lots of them stuffed in a long ally

anon
06.08.08, 21:44
I played the PS1 version. You'd run out of bullets before reaching a more powerful weapon (rocket launcher ]:D) and the 1st floor every time... at least I would. :biggrin:

Aurion
15.08.08, 18:56
LOL anon yeah exactly remember the long corridor right after you open the first door @ second floor,once u get to the end of it,there is a room right below the stairs where u find the ink machine,in the weapons box u find that Rocket Launcher,damn,it w as my fave game back then (RE is my fave game at all times,I play Resident Evil Nemsis sometimes now)

anon
15.08.08, 19:25
I wanted to use the RL to blast some crows but the rocket exploded right in my face :redface:

Aurion
16.08.08, 00:55
yeah whatever :biggrin: anyway Resident Evil 1 was not that Playable since they released a year right after RE1 did !! anyway,RE 2 was way way nicer than RE1

anon
16.08.08, 20:41
http://residentevil.planets.gamespy.com/gallery2/albums/ResidentEvil1/1_G.sized.jpg

Remember? :tongue:
I'd always go through the door near the typewriter first :)

Aurion
17.08.08, 12:29
damn anon :shockkk!: u made me recall good days back then !! yeah that silly door near the writer ends to nowhere at the end !! but the door infront of "Lion" leads to other rooms,also the blue door at his right leads to the basement where u first start the game at !!

anon
17.08.08, 18:20
And trying to leave through the front door results in a nice message :tongue:
I'm currently trying to find a PC version of RE1, but nothing :biggrin:
Although I could play it with the PS1 disc and ePSXe ^^

Aurion
20.08.08, 23:04
Don't think they ever released it on PC !! It was first meant for PS1 then the 2nd part was another BLAST so it got released on PC a year after the PS1 version

anon
20.08.08, 23:07
Mmm... actually I could find one "PC version" of RE1 in eMule so far, but it has very little sources and they all queued me :frown:

Well I guess I'l have to resort to ePSXe :biggrin:

Aurion
20.08.08, 23:23
I doubt that its a real PC release,its probably a well made emulated PS copy

anon
20.08.08, 23:32
Most likely; some emulators are command-line and/or can easily be made portable. You find nice rips of PSX games done this way (a bit like Thinstall'ed apps) in RS.

Anyway, we'll never know now ]:D