PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar faces must-win against Herring

zatoicchi
06.08.08, 11:18
On Saturday night, Brock Lesnar goes into the cage with Heath Herring to answer a question: Is previous fame heading into a mixed martial arts career a blessing or a curse?

Lesnar, a former NCAA wrestling champion and World Wrestling Entertainment star, is one of the greatest athletic prospects to ever come into the sport. He has size, strength and, most of all, incredible quickness and reflexes for a man who had to cut weight to make the 265-pound heavyweight limit.

But as he heads into Saturday’s UFC 87 showdown against rugged veteran Heath Herring, he runs the risk that his headlining fame will be over just as quickly as it started.

“There’s always pressure to win in every circumstance,” said Lesnar. “Me, being very new, nobody wants to follow a loser. I don’t want to say my back is against the wall, but I put pressure on myself. There’s no added pressure in my mind, but I want to win the fight.”

Lesnar can’t afford a second straight loss on a major pay-per-view event and still be considered a long-term main eventer.

Lesnar faces must-win against Herring (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AoNimoRM_6ynZOWQg5UiCfg9Eo14?slug=dm-lesnar080408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)