PDA

View Full Version : The Apple Mac Cost Misconception : Macs and Their Prices

zatoicchi
06.08.08, 10:55
Note: This isn’t a guide to evangelize and convert people from Windows to Mac OS X. It’s a guide to give people options. If you’re happy with what you’ve got, great! But if you’re interested in alternatives read on.

After my first article on Macs and OS X, there were several readers who just down right bashed Macs for pricing and OS X without solid reasoning or legitimate hand’s on experience of Macs. So this is a follow-up.

Let’s get straight to the point. Tom’s Hardware isn’t about being a "PC fanboy." It’s about finding the best hardware, revealing up and coming tech and debunking predetermined notions. That begs the question, especially here: what’s so special about a Mac anyway?

Here’s the short answer: nothing really, just some very elegant aluminum chassis designs. The key, is the operating system. Even still, let’s settle this issue about price.

In a recent comment, someone came up with an analogy that a Mac isn’t really a BMW, but rather a Hyundai dressed up in a nice exterior. One problem: Hyundai’s don’t have nice European car exteriors. And to generalize it this way shows the lack of willing to understand the core of the Mac: it’s operating system. Because that’s really what it’s about. But for the sake of these first few pages, let’s leave Mac OS X out of the picture for now. Let’s just see where Apple comes in on hardware.

The Apple Mac Cost Misconception : Macs and Their Prices (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/apple-mac-leopard-windows-vista,review-31192.html)

Dagon
06.08.08, 16:51
i know from someone that mac was in earlier times based on powerpc oder another system i dont remember the name and now they changed it on the basis of linux. that means mac is nothing more than a linux distribution. i heard from someone and dont know if its true but i believe this person.

There is when i see mac only the design good, the rest of it i dont see any interesting part.

Mfg Dagon

anon
06.08.08, 18:57
i know from someone that mac was in earlier times based on powerpc oder another system i dont remember the name

Indeed Macs have been PowerPC-based in the past :top:

Aurion
06.08.08, 22:22
LOL yeah & still are power monsters used by most of the PC users who desire hard grinding machines