PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent Developer Shares BitTorrent Speed Tips

anon
05.08.08, 18:57
Configuring your BitTorrent client is essential if you want to enjoy optimal download speeds. In our quest to help users get the most out of BitTorrent, we asked one of the uTorrent developers how we can speed up our downloads.

uTorrent Developer Shares BitTorrent Speed Tips | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/utorrent-developer-shares-bittorrent-speed-tips-080805/)

Same as always, limit your upload & maximum simultaneous connections, and don't download too many torrents at the same time... (these are still useful tips though :wink:) I'm starting to think Vuze's and uTorrent's developers are the same :biggrin:

hitman
06.08.08, 00:19
oh nooooo the devs told us now all their secrets :eek3: this news could be from for 5 years ago :biggrin:

anon
06.08.08, 00:22
They're running out of ideas. Why not telling people to use Azureus to speed up their downloads.......... "Azureus" :wink2:

Aurion
09.08.08, 17:18
lool same tips as always posted before ! :eek13: pffff,why not creating something more potential ?

anon
09.08.08, 21:48
At TF some people say they are giving the same tips every time, and others that is OK because those tips do make downloads faster... they're both right ^^

Aurion
12.08.08, 19:00
yeah but we all know that no way ever will be made to get ur max full speed using any bittorrent client,since its already based on other parties conneciton stability :top:

anon
12.08.08, 19:04
But if all the seeders are seedboxes and you have applied these "tweaks", you're guaranteed lightning-fast torrenting (good luck seeding the torrent to a 1:1 ratio then -without cheating of course :biggrin:-)

Aurion
12.08.08, 19:06
yeah but believe me you wont get 100% ur billed speed (no way at all) thats why they made torrets,I guess :tongue: (just to spread anything just with almost 95% of ur speed)

Nobody
12.08.08, 19:15
I'm surprised none of them mentioned installing third-party firmware on your router, which lets you up your max number of connections and decrease the timeout on open TCP connections.

As a DSL user who was following guides for years trying to figure out what would let me browse the internet and use bittorrent at the same time--this is the only thing that worked. Since then I've installed it on about five friends routers who had DSL with similar results.

anon
12.08.08, 19:27
I'm surprised none of them mentioned installing third-party firmware on your router, which lets you up your max number of connections and decrease the timeout on open TCP connections.

That's a nice trick, but remember you're not "supposed" to do it (I put that word between quotes because once you fully own the router you can do whatever you want with it, its warranty will be void at most...), and they may also get in trouble for recommending that people do so, which leads to having to add a nice "responsability negation" at the header, leading people to think why they'd avoid being held responsable about their own tips, etc... it's just easier for them to "skip" it :tongue:

Aurion
13.08.08, 19:33
that third-party firmware sounds interesting tho !! I guess me & anon should try that too here,shouldn't we ?? :biggrin:

anon
13.08.08, 20:30
You can try it, I don't have a router :biggrin:
Unless you mean using RA so that we can both work together, in that case start looking for custom F/W for your router :wink:

Aurion
16.08.08, 18:39
yeah I guess some custom firmwares for models like D-Link,Syslink might work here @ my router so lets try that out anon,once I get home I will give ya a ring :biggrin:

anon
16.08.08, 19:39
OK, make sure you do :top:
And that you're choosing the correct firmware for the exact model. Or else the router could be bricked you know :/

Aurion
18.08.08, 13:35
OK, make sure you do :top:
And that you're choosing the correct firmware for the exact model. Or else the router could be bricked you know :/

did u apply that technique before ? if so contact me,we could do it together here :tongue:

Logitech
18.08.08, 17:28
I almost did on my own router the tweak that you can change your download/upload speed, but it only worked on cable modems not on DSL.

in that case start looking for custom F/W for your router

You want to play backups on that thing just like a PSP :tongue:

anon
18.08.08, 18:01
I almost did on my own router the tweak that you can change your download/upload speed, but it only worked on cable modems not on DSL.

You mean modem uncapping?

You want to play backups on that thing just like a PSP :tongue:

The analogy is nice :tongue: