PDA

View Full Version : Illegal downloads: which ISP's customers are the worst?

zatoicchi
04.08.08, 04:29
New research has shown that the customers of just three of Britain's leading ISPs are responsible for more than 60% of illegal downloads.

Internet intelligence firm, Envisional, has been tracking music torrent downloads for the past couple of months, analysing the IP address of those downloading and uploading content and matching it to their ISP.

The company traced more than 28,000 unique IP addresses in June alone and found that 22.6% of them were Carphone Warehouse customers, with 21.6% from Virgin Media and 21.2% from BT.

July's figures are very similar, with Virgin Media customers accounting for 22.8% of the total, BT 21.5% and Carphone Warehouse at 21.4%. Envisional concedes, however, the sampling errors could easily account for any difference between the two sets of data.

PC Pro: News: Illegal downloads: which ISP's customers are the worst? (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/215967/illegal-downloads-which-isps-customers-are-the-worst.html)

Aurion
04.08.08, 18:40
LOL are they sure this time that those users really had positions of illegal materials or just speculating about future actions of their registered users ?? :biggrin:

anon
04.08.08, 19:16
just three of Britain's leading ISPs are responsible for more than 60% of illegal downloads.

That's good "advertising" for them :smile:; of course they can't say "you can DL illegal stuff with us" to get customers, but if this becomes widespread (and it surely will :tongue:)...
Who knows them, maybe after more customers sign up they make a deal with MD to jail you forever if you download a .torrent :mad2:

Aurion
04.08.08, 19:59
maybe after more customers sign up they make a deal with MD to jail you forever if you download a .torrent :mad2:

yeah that might happen soon enough as they get more noticed by new customers,but IMO I dont think that would happen at least in the next couple of years since protestors already got pissed off of that & they already got some powerful guys in the gov to defend their free usage of Inet :biggrin:

anon
04.08.08, 20:24
& they already got some powerful guys in the gov to defend their free usage of Inet :biggrin:

Well, I know of at least 1 lawyer that has chosen to be in the good side :biggrin:

Aurion
06.08.08, 19:40
Well, I know of at least 1 lawyer that has chosen to be in the good side :biggrin:

naah,lawyers aint that good tho !! they just the sneakiest creatures I ever known in my life :tongue:

anon
06.08.08, 19:53
Then it's good to have one of those working against Comcast ]:D

Aurion
06.08.08, 21:25
LOL yeah sure thing,a bunch of them would be handy :klatsch_3: