PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3 Chipping Away Safari Market Share

zatoicchi
03.08.08, 05:28
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Firefox-Logo,1-I-54-1.jpg

Chicago (IL) - Two days ago, we posted an article on the trend that Firefox, on a daily basis, has been exceeding a market share of 20% more often than ever before in July. Net Applications today published the July result earlier today, which does not show quite so dramatic numbers. Apparently, IE7 reversed its decline into a marginal sequential growth most likely due to a change in audience mix during the summer months, while Firefox grows further on the heels of the recent Firefox 3 release, chipping away market share from Safari.

The biggest surprise in Net Applications’ July browser survey is Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE), which saw a marginal growth over previous months. The bounce-back also slowed, which saw its share drop slightly.

In July, IE recorded a 73.02% share, up marginally from 73.01% the month before. It appears that many IE users made the switch from IE6 to IE7 during the month as IE6 lost 0.64 points over the previous month, but IE7 gained 0.65 points in the same period. Another contributing factor that worked for IE market share are most likely changes in summer browsing patterns and a slightly different audience in NetApplications’ survey pool, which consists of about 160 million users.

Firefox 3 Chipping Away Safari Market Share, Summer Browsing Patterns Reverse IE Decline (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Firefox-Internet-Explorer-Safari-Opera,news-28846.html)

anon
03.08.08, 19:08
IE is slowly going down as FF makes itself some room :biggrin:

Logitech
03.08.08, 19:31
Firefox FTW:tongue:

anon
03.08.08, 19:33
A self-confessed fanboy :biggrin: And your [fanboy] "tags" didn't show up in VBSpy :klatsch_3:

Aurion
04.08.08, 19:57
Well,the thing that made FF on the 2nd place of the hard-to-compete browsers list is that its major add-on packs that are widely shared on its data base (including add-ons made by normal users) which are not that massively available in other browsers like IE or Netspace ..etc !!

anon
04.08.08, 20:04
which are not that massively available in other browsers like IE or Netspace ..etc !!

Maybe you mean Netscape :biggrin: And yes, for example for me tabbed browsing when I first installed FF was a real hit, no more opening 27 IE windows in my K6-2 :klatsch_3:

Aurion
06.08.08, 19:42
Maybe you mean Netscape :biggrin: And yes, for example for me tabbed browsing when I first installed FF was a real hit, no more opening 27 IE windows in my K6-2 :klatsch_3:

WTF :shockkk!: "Netspace 1>3 LAME" lol my eyes are gone man,I write then dont look back :tongue:

anon
06.08.08, 19:52
Hehe :D
"Netspace" sounds like a nice name for an Internet browser or another Network-related program though :top:

Aurion
06.08.08, 20:24
Hehe :D
"Netspace" sounds like a nice name for an Internet browser or another Network-related program though :top:

LOL yeah sure it is but believe it or not,I was falling asleep already writing that reply back then 3 days ago :tongue: