PDA

View Full Version : Band Leaks Track to BitTorrent, Blames Pirates

zatoicchi
03.08.08, 05:16
When we reported about the leak of a BuckCherry track last week, and specifically the band’s response to it, we hinted that this could be a covert form of self-promotion. Indeed, after a few days of research we found out that the track wasn’t leaked by pirates, but by Josh Klemme, the manager of the band.

buckcherryWhen BuckCherry found out that their latest single had leaked on BitTorrent, they didn’t try to cover this up, or take the file down. No, instead, they issued a press release (update: the press release has been removed, Google cache), where they stated: “Honestly, we hate it when this s*** happens, because we want our FANS to have any new songs first.”

This is strange to say the least. Not only because their label, Atlantic Records, is known to release (and spam) tracks for free on BitTorrent sites, but also because the press release was more about promoting the band than the actual leak. Without any hard evidence, we suggested that this leak may have been set up to get some free promotion and publicity, which BuckCherry seems to need.

Band Leaks Track to BitTorrent, Blames Pirates (http://torrentfreak.com/band-leaks-track-to-bittorrent-blames-pirates-080731/)

anon
03.08.08, 18:46
Some kind of weird advertising. :tongue: As always, Sony advertisers disguising as kids that desperately wanted a PSP spring to mind. :biggrin:

Aurion
09.08.08, 17:31
yeah anon,but still on the other hand,a good way to promote ur talent (production) since the scene is already full of LAME artists,so u should define ur music & transfer it to the good listeners :top:

anon
09.08.08, 21:51
Yep, that's more or less what I meant. The track gets "leaked" (maybe yes, maybe no...), the musicians are like "piracy ftl man", in the meantime they get media attention... :top:

Aurion
12.08.08, 18:54
so I guess they should be way happier than before,at least no ads costs are to be charged :tongue:

anon
12.08.08, 19:01
The "no ad costs" thing made me remember a crazy, extremely low-budget advertising system: they guys would drive around the city in cars, then at a given moment crash against each other, and make it look very real, then a 3rd car comes in, "doesn't see them" and creates more chaos :tongue: Then when the TV cameras start coming, they scatter girls with signs reading the advertised site's URL all over the place, so that they're seen as the TV cams record the scene...

Can't remember what was being advertised but they were really desperate :biggrin:

Aurion
12.08.08, 19:02
LOL yeah sounds like a good ading idea u know,same happens here but u know just those silly cars that make traffic more jammy cruising all day long very slowly so that every sucker in the street notice the ad :stupid:

anon
12.08.08, 19:42
Oh yeah, the mobile advertising panels that are as big as a truck and drive around the city as a pre-recorded slogan is continuously looped, I have seen some of those around here... pretty annoying when they pass next to you with the speaker at full volume -.-

Aurion
13.08.08, 19:24
... pretty annoying when they pass next to you with the speaker at full volume -.-

Well,yeah we have the same Idea here but without those silly speakers since people here can't stand anyone to annoy them BIG TIME,a normal citizen might get out of his car & kill that truck driver if he passed by him with a loud speaker :biggrin:

anon
13.08.08, 23:08
LOL :biggrinflip:

And I guess non-talking ads are less flashy and create less brand awareness :tongue: I mean, the first thing you do when you hear a "shouting" ad is looking at where the noise came from. Looking at the ad. :cheat:

Aurion
16.08.08, 17:52
yeah and then u keep yelling too "Show Off Punk" :tongue: