PDA

View Full Version : question about being banned

xarda
02.08.08, 02:04
If you were banned once from a tracker and your Ip is still in their data base how does one go around that without ME actually changing my Ip?

zatoicchi
02.08.08, 04:23
If you were banned once from a tracker and your Ip is still in their data base how does one go around that without ME actually changing my Ip?

actually the best solution is to change ip address but the other solution is to use a Proxy

CindyVer
02.08.08, 08:33
A proxy is usefull for browsing the site itself, but when using it on the tracker chances are that your speeds will be drastically reduced. There are some very decent proxies around but you have to be very familiar in the 'proxy-world' to score one of these, plus they tend to shut down and than you'll have to scout for new ones.

Best thing is to change your IP, if it's a dynamic off course ... otherwise you're f*cked.

Options
02.08.08, 10:06
then how can you make your ip dynamic?
mine is static but i wanted to make it dynamic..is it possible?

zatoicchi
02.08.08, 10:13
Then how can you make your ip dynamic?

you can't it's has to do with you isp provider they provide you either a static or dynamic ip address..but if yours is static mostly likely your isp provider only can provide you with a static ip address.

capito
02.08.08, 10:17
then how can you make your ip dynamic?
change your mac address.
if you don't know how to do it, google is your friend. :wink:
(no worries, sounds complicated and permanent, but it's not.)

ps: i read wrong.
you can't make your ip dynamic, but you can change it whenever you want by changing your mac address.

CindyVer
02.08.08, 10:33
If it's a true static IP there is little you can do. You should inform at your ISP to know if it's truly a static IP or not. Some ISP's don't have static IP's but the lease can be very long.

If you have router just change it's mac adress and if you have a dynamic IP your IP will change normally.

Good luck.

anon
02.08.08, 18:44
@xarda: if your IP is dynamic and you're not behind a router, you can also give my IP switch script a try...

If you're going to change your MAC address, make sure you just change the last byte, for example if your original address was 12 34 56 78 90 AB make it 12 34 56 78 90 AC. Otherwise if you change it dramatically or use a completely random one, you may end up with a nice "getting network address" message and the icon of the monitor and a little yellow ball moving in your taskbar, and have to restore your original address and wait some time before everything's back to normal (this happened to me once)

CindyVer
02.08.08, 18:57
@xarda: if your IP is dynamic and you're not behind a router, you can also give my IP switch script a try...

If you're going to change your MAC address, make sure you just change the last byte, for example if your original address was 12 34 56 78 90 AB make it 12 34 56 78 90 AC. Otherwise if you change it dramatically or use a completely random one, you may end up with a nice "getting network address" message and the icon of the monitor and a little yellow ball moving in your taskbar, and have to restore your original address and wait some time before everything's back to normal (this happened to me once)

That's no problem with me ... after I switched mac-adress ones I tend to get the same problem as the one you describe. But than I shut off my modem and restart it. Reboot and voila ... new IP. Always works for me.

anon
02.08.08, 19:02
That was addressed at xarda :biggrin:

And yes, I used the MAC-method before my IP script and the same that you mention happened; had to reboot my modem before my "new address" would be recognized and allowed Internet access and have a new IP :biggrin:
With the script it's very easy, I just press "Run", wait until the cmd window closes and boom! New IP :biggrin: Too bad it doesn't work if you're behind a router and sometimes even for those with direct connections and dynamic IPs :frown:

xarda
03.08.08, 02:30
Alright thanks Ill try those methods. I already tried a proxy with firefox but the webpages wouldn't load I guess I have some reading to do.

anon
03.08.08, 18:28
I already tried a proxy with firefox

If the methods mentioned above don't work or you want to use a proxy, my semi-anonymous torrenting tutorial is also a possibility (you can use the proxy apps with your browser)... :biggrin:
And should you try it in a tracker that isn't in its thread's working tracker list, tell me :top: