PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft says it needs more Internet Explorer 8 beta testers

zatoicchi
31.07.08, 09:04
With Beta 2 of the Web browser due next month, Microsoft is looking to sign up more official testers for Internet Explorer 8, saying it's the only way for individuals to directly file bug reports.

Like with Beta 1, the second beta of IE8 will be made available for public download. Still, there's good reason to become a participant in Microsoft's IE8 Technical Beta program. In addition to filing a direct bug reports, official testers can be invited to other beta programs, such as Windows 7 or Office 14.

In addition, Microsoft occasionally makes beta builds available to testers that it does not release to the public, offering a chance to try out and provide feedback on new features in advance. With the final release of IE8 due later this year, it's likely that interim builds will follow Beta 2.

"These beta testers commit to spending time with IE8 betas and file bugs when they observe unexpected behaviors. The IE team will be evaluating this set of bugs, looking for the most impactful bugs to all of our users," Microsoft's Kellie Eickmeyer explained in March.

Microsoft says it needs more Internet Explorer 8 beta testers (http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_says_it_needs_more_Internet_Explorer_8_b eta_testers/1217452497)

anon
31.07.08, 18:47
"more Internet Explorer 8 beta testers"

With at least 4GB of RAM, that is :biggrin: I will have a look at IE8 beta 2 when it's out, though, to see how it's going :top:

Aurion
31.07.08, 19:45
Well,I think this is a good way of MS to try out new products in Beta versions !! Self experience problems with ur point of view describing which leads to better IE experience :tongue:

anon
31.07.08, 20:10
Self experience problems with ur point of view describing which leads to better IE experience :tongue:

If I had been testing IE8 in my old computer it'd crash & reboot every time I open more than 1 window :biggrin: They definitely have to fix that :tongue: Maybe in Beta 2... :cool2:

Aurion
31.07.08, 20:40
yeah remember FF3 Beta when first got officially released ? same crash bugs are involved in every new beta browser (dont know whats the point)

anon
31.07.08, 20:45
same crash bugs are involved in every new beta browser (dont know whats the point)

I don't think there's a point :biggrin: New code is implemented, works fine for some and not that much for others, who will e-mail the developer team about it; Team fixes the bug, everything works fine for everyone and new awesome product is released :biggrin:

Aurion
31.07.08, 20:47
yeah kinda the same cycle as it really happens except that there are emails sent to developing teams since Abuse/Bug Reports are accessible by Beta Testers :top: