PDA

View Full Version : Ochoa out to spoil Sorenstam’s party at Open

zatoicchi
31.07.08, 05:30
SUNNINGDALE, England (AP)—With her powerful sense of competitive pride, Annika Sorenstam knows that none of her rivals will step aside at the Women’s British Open just so she can win her final major.

The Swede who dominated women’s golf for a decade is out to win her 11th major before she bows out at the end of the season.

“I would love to win here,” Sorenstam said. “It’s the only major that I haven’t won two or three times. If I could win this week then I would say I’ve pretty much achieved everything that I possibly can.”

The strongest field ever assembled for the British championship will be trying to keep her from that goal, however.

Defending champion Lorena Ochoa is looking for her second major of the year and rivals such as Karrie Webb, Juli Inkster, Se Ri Pak and Laura Davies are also in the field with several newcomers from the United States and South Korea.

Ochoa out to spoil Sorenstam's party at Open (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-womensbritishopen&prov=ap&type=lgns)