PDA

View Full Version : Spectral Force 3 Hands-on

zatoicchi
29.07.08, 05:35
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/889/889200/spectral-force-3-20080714040147971_640w.jpg

The second of three turn-based strategy games being brought to the
United States by Atlus releases this week. Like Operation Darkness before it, Spectral Force 3 eschews big budget graphics and flashy presentation and seeks to target the fans of strategy games of yesteryear. The question then becomes whether the gameplay will be stellar enough to keep everyone happy who dished out cash for a powerful Xbox 360 and expects some fancy modern visuals. The jury is still out on that since we've only played a few hours so far, but we thought we'd pass along our impressions so far for those interested in the game.

Spectral Force 3 uses a traditional grid for movement, but actually gives the player direct control over the party members. This gives the game a more fluid look than most other titles in this genre, even if it still presents the same options as ever. The more interesting gameplay mechanics are introduced through the two main characters, Begina and Diaz. To get into it, we'll have to start from the story's beginning.

IGN: Spectral Force 3 Preview (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/894/894465p1.html?RSSwhen2008-07-28_153900&RSSid=894465)

Aurion
29.07.08, 11:57
"being brought to the United States...." :frown: I dont know why they keep doing that ???!! :confused2: Anyway,it seems to be a decent game (never heard about it before) but looking forward to at least try one of the old parts :top:

anon
29.07.08, 19:42
"being brought to the United States...." :frown: I dont know why they keep doing that ???!! :confused2:

Because it's one of the biggest markets and, if the game does well, they'll cash a lot :biggrin:

Aurion
29.07.08, 20:23
Because it's one of the biggest markets and, if the game does well, they'll cash a lot :biggrin:

yeah for sure,I know its a big market but the thing is that there are other huge markets where lots of new products can be brought in just to cash in too :tongue: