PDA

View Full Version : SCT new rules

zatoicchi
29.07.08, 05:10
We have NEW Rules. Some of these rules effect minimum Seeding Times and Forum post rules.

We have tried to make the Rules as new-user-friendly as possible, with the 3 most important rules at the very top. However we do encourage users to read all of the rules as they are updated and all relevant.

A 'Community Guidelines' section has also been added, as we want to eradicate all forms of racism, prejudice etc.. from this site. This rules will be enforced immediately. Failure to read the Rules is not a valid excuse.

The minimum seed time for packs has been increased to 120hrs (5 days) to increase pack longevity, and we will be looking for hit and runners in the forthcoming days.

Also, in order to help implement and reinforce the new rules we are taking mooji on board as a new forum mod (so now he has an excuse for being on the forum 20 hours a day!)

We have also promoted Terska to Global Mod, to assist Kavselj. So you can now approach him for passkey resets, e-mail changes etc..

source:: ScT

Aurion
29.07.08, 11:50
woow,severe changes are hitting their base soon !! but do I feel they are very harsh I mean strict to rules ?? for sure they have a point since they wont lose their reputation for something silly :tongue:

CindyVer
29.07.08, 14:02
woow,severe changes are hitting their base soon !! but do I feel they are very harsh I mean strict to rules ?? for sure they have a point since they wont lose their reputation for something silly :tongue:

Do you even have an account there???

Don't see the use of this kind of posts ... if you are a member there then you received a PM and it's on the 'news'-page too.

capri360
29.07.08, 19:40
I cheated there with shumod when I first got it. And havent downloaded anything since. i have about 15 up and 5 down. Since they specifically talked about cheating their new rules, did they update their cheat scripts or anything? Is it still safe to cheat there with shumod?

CindyVer
29.07.08, 19:55
ShuMod is undetectable ... if used correctly ! No script can tell that !

Manas
30.07.08, 03:01
A little hint: No snatchlists entries are easily detected... don't use them.
About the rules: For me it isn''t a step in the right dircetion. I always felt free when I downloaded something at ScT but now I'm bound to the minium seeding time.... doesn't that suck? :biggrin:

Anyway, if that will result in less Hit and Run and longer availability of torrents it definetely isn't bad :top:

capri360
30.07.08, 09:14
so if i disable the "no snatchlist" option, then should I also disable the option that decrease my download percent?

anon
30.07.08, 18:44
Yes; they may detect, for example, that you have completed a 4 GB torrent but have downloaded 3.5 gigabytes...

Aurion
31.07.08, 16:42
Do you even have an account there???

Don't see the use of this kind of posts ... if you are a member there then you received a PM and it's on the 'news'-page too.

Its not ur damn business dude,you just watch for ur posts here since this is not ur midnight club,Okay ??!!

@Manas: yeah you are right,I hope all trackers remove that hit & run feature since it really makes u rethink before leaving any torrent without a seed (especially for those with 0 leechers)

anon
31.07.08, 18:37
"Do you even have an account there???

Don't see the use of this kind of posts ... if you are a member there then you received a PM and it's on the 'news'-page too."

Its not ur damn business dude,you just watch for ur posts here since this is not ur midnight club,Okay ??!!

@ Reppy: hey man, take it easy :smile:
@ CindyVer: someone who isn't at ScT yet but intends to get or trade an invite may want to take the new rules into consideration before proceeding.

Manas
31.07.08, 18:53
Peoples' opinions on topics are always welcomed. Reppy's post was therefore not in the least spam. CindyVer, you should also show more respect since Reppy is an Elite User and therefore a special person.

Now let's leave it with that. Chill out dudes... :wink:

CindyVer
01.08.08, 11:35
Peoples' opinions on topics are always welcomed. Reppy's post was therefore not in the least spam. CindyVer, you should also show more respect since Reppy is an Elite User and therefore a special person.

Now let's leave it with that. Chill out dudes... :wink:

I didn't say reppy's post was spam, but I noticed he replies to every topic, even when not having an account at these trackers. Maybe he is 'elite', but being here for 3 months and having 1000+ posts doesn't give hime the right to start flaming me like he did.

And the second part of my post was aimed at the OP. But I guess anon is right and it could be usefull for trading and other purposes.

Anyway ... I'm not here to get into a fight with anyone, so like you said I'm chillin :cool2:

Manas
01.08.08, 12:20
Ok, that was a misunderstanding, sorry mate.
Anyway, he only started flaming after you posted your opinion on his posts.
But you're right, Reppy overreacted....

The best thing to do in cases like that is just clicking on the report button to report posts to staff. This way you'll avoid any direct contact. Staff will then decide whether it violates the rules in any way.

Aurion
01.08.08, 14:44
@Manas & anon : Full Respect guys

@CindyVer: I can Reply back to ur useless words,but check this out "Gonna :b52: all your further posts at all" NJoy ur Time @ :sb-innovation: :top: