PDA

View Full Version : FreeRAM XP Pro 1.52

anon
28.07.08, 18:39
Freeware application to free and optimize your computer's RAM (Random Access Memory), resulting in an increase in system performance and productivity. Automatically configures itself for ease of use and also features advanced options and customizability. FreeRAM XP Pro has been designed to be easy to use yet highly customizable by computer novices and experts alike.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/software.html#framxpro)

Of course this isn't as useful for someone with 3GB of RAM as it may be to someone with 256 or 512 MBs :smile: But it's always useful to claim a few megabytes back every now and then; it can also work as a nice "free memory meter" in your taskbar which is always useful :smile:

Aurion
29.07.08, 13:42
yeah sure such tool would be nice (you can also try the TuneUp Utilities RAM defragger tool,it does same job including monitoring & free-ups)

anon
29.07.08, 18:16
you can also try the TuneUp Utilities RAM defragger tool

But TuneUP isn't free! (or is it? :tongue:) no offense :top:

Anyway to find more free RAM defraggers check this (http://en.softonic.com/windows/analysis-optimization-memory-free) :smile:

It's better to use only one, and run it after you have opened and closed a lot of apps and your free RAM amount has gone down :wink:

SealLion
30.07.08, 00:34
I think I had one of those RAM softwares at one point. I found that, at least for my computer, it really interfered in the sense that each time RAM was freed up, it basically put my computer to a halt until RAM was freed up {even when it wasn't necessary}.

I couldn't do much until the RAM was freed up. I was, and still am, using a 512 mb RAM laptop.

anon
30.07.08, 01:13
each time RAM was freed up, it basically put my computer to a halt until RAM was freed up {even when it wasn't necessary}.

Then I'm sure it was one of those that use the "try to allocate ALL RAM possible so that other processes give up some of theirs for me each and when I crash, those bits are left free" method, which is a bit lame :tongue:

You can configure FRAMXP to either a "normal", "aggresive" or "passive" (lets other programs run) memory cleaning system... :wink: