PDA

View Full Version : FTN invites remove from everyone

zatoicchi
28.07.08, 11:39
all invites from FTN were remove from everyone because some people were selling their invites...

Aurion
28.07.08, 12:03
damn,are u sure ?? u mean deactivated ?? this is too LAME :baeh: (also I hate the idea of selling something vitrual)

zatoicchi
28.07.08, 13:00
damn,are u sure ??

yep, positively all ftn invites have been revoked

Manas
28.07.08, 13:53
Here's the original item:

I want to make an offer.
If you purchased an invite or an account the past week, as in you bought one from someone on this site, pm me with proof and I'll give you a large amount of upload credit. Your account will be unharmed, and no comments will be made on you. If I catch you before you come forward, you and your entire invite tree will be banned.

//*Staff

CindyVer
28.07.08, 15:03
Guess they will do like FSC and just let only staff handle new members!

Ostracized
28.07.08, 21:13
f*ck ftn. omgz0rs its so 1337 that you cant have ONLY that. What, the 1337 people dont have only 1 torrentsite? thats no excuse. Let me tell you why you cant have only that.

Very small community, AND very few active members. That translates in most of the torrents having ~1 seeder, (not always good speeds but anyway thats not the point, also not the point that many torrents die sooner than somewhere else) and not much leeching activity. The rules are 1:1 or 48 hours of seeding time. Most of your torrents wont even reach 0.5 ratio, so when you download something you're obligated to seed for 2 days.
Imagine downloading 10+ torrents a day. Especially in the fall when the TV shows are in their prime you'll have active torrents like crazy. When they had 72hrs for seeding rule was way worse but now is also bad. I prefer even TL than that. At least i'll be able to remove the torrent way sooner and ofcourse i'll actually seed to someone.

So, to sum it up:
Speed = nope
Activity = nada
Community = the what?
Torrents staying alive for some time = joke

Dont be amazed by their display-case as 1337 and think of actually what use it would be to you.

Manas
28.07.08, 21:38
This might be your opinion but FTN is still a top tracker...
Their torrent activity isn't as bad as you described, maybe now because all torrents have been lost a while ago but in the past they had over 20k peers for only 4800 members. If you're just looking at the aspect of speed you might won't be satisfied. But FTN is more than just a torrentsite. They have a strong community and more important good security measures.

Remember that FTN is a 0day site; you'll get all the new torrents with top speed and fast pre times... By the way, there are also many packs on this site :wink:

Anyway, I know what you're talking about. TL might have a lot more stuff than FTN but remember that some people using TL already got sued (got that from a very trustworthy guy) so you'd better think twice before leeching something at TL...

Ostracized
28.07.08, 23:31
If FTN is top then SCT is way better than what would be called as "god" :smile:

tinker77
04.08.08, 10:21
I always thought FTN speeds ware insanely fast...