PDA

View Full Version : Kim, Reavie tied for Canadian Open lead

zatoicchi
27.07.08, 09:50
OAKVILLE, Ontario (AP)—Anthony Kim and Chez Reavie topped the leaderboard when the sun—yes, the sun—dipped below the trees at rain-drenched Glen Abbey, ending yet another long day at the Canadian Open.

Kim made nine birdies and an eagle in 21 holes Saturday for a share of the lead with Reavie during the suspended third round.

“Anthony and I play different games,” Reavie said. “He hits the ball really long and I don’t. So I need to stick to my game plan, hit fairways and greens and give myself opportunities to make birdies.”

The 23-year-old Kim, tied for 26th at 4 under through 15 holes when second-round play was suspended Friday night, went birdie-birdie-eagle Saturday morning for a 2-under 69, then added a bogey-free 64 in the third round to match Reavie at 15 under.

“I’ve put myself in a good position,” said Kim, a two-time winner this year. “I’m looking forward to the challenge tomorrow.”

Kim, Reavie tied for Canadian Open lead (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news;_ylt=Akh3F6orQyyZpfR_YeiYUJwogsUF?slug=ap-canadianopen&prov=ap&type=lgns)