PDA

View Full Version : Blake loses to Kiefer at Rogers Cup in Toronto

zatoicchi
26.07.08, 10:34
TORONTO (AP)—Andy Murray eliminated defending champion Novak Djokovic from the Rogers Cup with a 6-3, 7-6 (3) win in the quarterfinals Friday night.

Murray dominated Djokovic in the first set and held him off in the second, when Djokovic tried to come back.

“It’s not easy. You have to try to be as consistent as much as you can if you want to stay at the top,” Djokovic said. “You have players like Andy, still young and up and coming. …

“Now there’s a lot of great players, and everybody is working hard to get to the top.”

Murray, who had never beaten the 21-year-old Serb in four career meetings, moved beautifully, chasing down loose balls and making difficult shot after difficult shot.

“It’s a big win mentally for me,” Murray said. “You know, the last three times I played him, I lost pretty badly.”

Djokovic, for his part, committed 36 unforced errors to Murray’s 19, with 20 of those coming off his forehand.

Blake loses to Kiefer at Rogers Cup in Toronto (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AgMagEd0dBt96rfAxkIjKzY4v7YF?slug=ap-toronto&prov=ap&type=lgns)