PDA

View Full Version : SCT irc contest

zatoicchi
25.07.08, 11:08
Chance to win what you might ask?

Well this upcoming Saturday night i have arranged a trivia night in the IRC network! This is your chance to show off your general knowledge skills and pub quiz skills!

The channel is #sct.trivia and the channel isn't locked or invite only so no messing around, all you have to do is join the channel with your nickname that you use for irc. The bot will keep going till 1 person has 100 questions right, so this could take up to 2 hours or so. Once someone has 100 points, the game will stop and the prizes will be handed out to the top 5 people. If there is a draw for the other places a quick fire 10 point round will take place. If you have never seen a trivia bot before, basically the bot shoots questions out and a little clue, usually how many letters, if no one gets it after 10 seconds of the first clue then another clue will be posted by the bot, usually a letter in the answer. Again if no one get this after 10 seconds the bot will give the answer and move on to the next question, if someone does get the answer in the time then the bot will announce the winner and move on to the next question. All in all the game is pretty rapid and are all quick fire questions.

Details you need to know!

-NETWORK: irc.scenetorrents.org
-CHANNEL: #sct.trivia
-TIME: 8PM British Summer Time, 26th July 2008.

8PM is the start of the game but please arrive a little earlier so you dont miss out! There is no limt to the amount of players so the channel could get busy!

Right, now to the prizes!

1st Place, 250GB and 5 invites.
2nd Place, 100GB and 4 invites.
3rd Place, 50GB and 3 invites.
4th Place, 25GB and 2 invites.
5th Place, 15GB and 1 invite.

source:::::
//ScT Staff

Aurion
25.07.08, 15:18
woow,they are talking serious here man,contests to handle over some invites ?? this is too LAME :shockkk!: anyway,gonna love to see how does it look inside that channel (Total Mess)

CindyVer
25.07.08, 16:17
anyway,gonna love to see how does it look inside that channel (Total Mess)

It's secured ... only registered members will be able to get in.
5 invites to the winner ... nice ... :biggrin:

Manas
25.07.08, 16:25
Hehehe... I'll definetely be the winner so expect many ScT invites soon :tongue:

zatoicchi
26.07.08, 10:43
Hehehe... I'll definetely be the winner so expect many ScT invites soon

hope i will win one invite at least..lol

d00d
26.07.08, 11:10
me too, good luck :D

Aurion
26.07.08, 15:31
hope i will win one invite at least..lol

damn,can u imagine how hard they made it for people that they keep dreaming of having a single invite for a normal tracker (I mean in terms of torrenting not rare stuff) :biggrin: