PDA

View Full Version : BitTorrent Users Seek Compensation from Comcast

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 10:37
Comcast is facing a nationwide class action lawsuit for cutting off the BitTorrent traffic of their subscribers. The lawsuit aims to stop the misleading advertising used by Comcast, and to compensate BitTorrent users for the disruption to their service.

comcastAugust last year we reported - based on findings from network expert Robb Topolski - that Comcast actively disconnected BitTorrent users. Comcast initially denied our allegations, even though we had proof to back up these claims, and they continued to do so for months. Now, a year later, there is no doubt that Comcast offered a degraded service to BitTorrent users, and they now face a nationwide class action lawsuit (doc).

“Comcast surreptitiously installed receiver packets to keep people from using file-sharing programs when it promised it wouldn’t,” Alyson Foster, an associate at the law firm Gilbert Randolph alleges. “Of course the competition is fierce in telecommunications, but they were trying to get an unfair leg up.”

BitTorrent Users Seek Compensation from Comcast (http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-users-seek-compensation-from-comcast-080723/)

anon
24.07.08, 15:37
"BitTorrent Users Seek Compensation from Comcast"

they should, they have been playing for a highspeed connection to download "large files" but ended up with something that works just for browsing and e-mailing :mad2:

Aurion
24.07.08, 16:54
at last,time for revenge,I told u guys,give it some time,and some one powerful will take action regarding this silly issue,anyway,lets wait for some more action tho :biggrin:

anon
24.07.08, 19:53
they can start with something like ihatecomcast.com. after all we have ihaterogers.ca ^^

zatoicchi
25.07.08, 07:11
as the saying goes , what comes around, goes around..

anon
25.07.08, 15:54
what goes around, comes around
Almost shot me, three weeks later he got shot down...

:)

Aurion
25.07.08, 16:45
LOL they already got theit buts kicked buddy !! I dont think they will hold on nor handle what ever consequences might occur as a result of what they already did to piss off Inet users