PDA

View Full Version : Hackers unlock newest iPhone software, but 3G model still tied to AT&T

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 03:03
The group of hackers known as the "iPhone Dev Team" has struck once again, providing an update to its iPhone unlocking tool that works with Apple's new 2.0 software release.

Jailbreaking (making it possible to install un-sanctioned apps) and SIM-unlocking is supported for the first generation iPhone, while iPod touches can also be jailbroken. While the iPhone 3G is also supported in the new release, at this time it is only to jailbreak the device. No SIM-unlock is available, which means it must still be used on AT&T or whatever network Apple has partnered with internationally.

There is still a demand for running third-party-published applications even after the launch of the iPhone App Store, for two major major reasons: First, Apple charges developers an annual fee to list their apps in iTunes, limiting what is available. Second, applications that heavily modify the iPhone with themes or other adjustments are not available from Apple.

The update to the iPhone Dev Team's application, called PnwageTool, was released late Saturday night. The response to the application was apparently overwhelming, as the group reported that several of its servers crashed trying to keep up with demand.

Hackers unlock newest iPhone software, but 3G model still tied to AT&T (http://www.betanews.com/article/Hackers_unlock_newest_iPhone_software_but_3G_model _still_tied_to_ATT/1216652286)

anon
22.07.08, 17:40
"but 3G model still tied to AT&T"

not for long :smile:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 05:00
and that's good news for us hard working customers..thats what they get for restricting it so much..

but 3G model still tied to AT&T"

not for long

wating for that day to happen cause my carrier is at&t..go hackers

Aurion
26.07.08, 14:39
damn,those guys are PROs LOL they cracked iPhone & iPod core locking system !! I guess Apple have to prepare for further strikes soon tho

anon
26.07.08, 19:23
I guess Apple have to prepare for further strikes soon tho

same goes for AT&T hehe :smile:

Aurion
28.07.08, 19:34
LOl for sure,news hit them very hard & they are gearing up their machines :biggrin: