PDA

View Full Version : XCode32 (file scrambler)

anon
22.07.08, 01:07
Protects a file with a password by performing a mathematical calculation on each byte. The coding is bidirectional because the same process is used in encoding as decoding. XCode32 can also be put in the SendTo folder (in your user profile), then you can select a file or multiple files, right click, and "Send To" XCode32.

WARNING: The level of security offered by XCode is minimal. Encoded files could easily be cracked by professionals.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/xcode/)

this comes very handy when you need to protect/crypt a file just in case or to keep lamers away. as mentioned before, you can place in in your "send to" folder (go to Start -> Run -> type %userprofile%\SendTo and press ENTER, then copy the .EXE there) to be able to crypt files on-the-fly with easy. :top:

don't overrely on it too much though :wink: as the quote says, it can easily be cracked.

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 05:33
just what i needed for my folder files, must be cautious nowadays from those prying eyes.you never be to carefull...:top:

anon
22.07.08, 17:27
make sure you scramble your files with a strong password.

PassX :wink:

Aurion
23.07.08, 19:59
This is a very handy File Protector anon,way shame it could be cracked tho !! anyway,still a good tool :top:

anon
23.07.08, 21:03
way shame it could be cracked tho !!

of course this isn't triple AES or something like that but a long password will keep total lamers away :top:

shoulder
23.07.08, 21:09
Even the best algorithm isn't secure if it isn't implemented correctly.

anon
23.07.08, 21:16
you're right shoulder, it depends in the algorithm's inherent security and the implementation's quality... two things to care about

edit: i encrypted the string "SB-Innovation" with password "a" (shortest pw ever! :biggrin:) and this is how it looks like after that:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7804/sbinq5.gif

nothing to do with the original text haha :smile:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 21:34
Even the best algorithm isn't secure if it isn't implemented correctly

very true indeed. there so many smart hackers out that even the most advance programs can be hacked . if they really wanted to get into your systems no matter how advance your passwords programs it can be broken into

shoulder
23.07.08, 21:46
no matter how advance your passwords programs it can be broken into
I would say that's partly true.
But because of this fact we can never talk about secure encryption, only about an ecryption which is secure at the moment.

I remember back when it would have been possible to "hack" certain TrueCrypt volumes because of a "weak point" in the SHA hash algorithm.

Aurion
26.07.08, 15:27
@anon: yeah and this is the main core of Reverse Engineering tricks tho !! they just decrypte anything at all :biggrin: damn,what a nice language to learn

@shoulder: do u think if those algorithms were decrypted in binary & then feeded into the same code lets say for 10 times,dont u think this should take ages to decode it ??

anon
26.07.08, 19:50
@shoulder: do u think if those algorithms were decrypted in binary & then feeded into the same code lets say for 10 times,dont u think this should take ages to decode it ??

Do you mean re-encrypting content that was already crypted over again?

shoulder
26.07.08, 20:53
Sorry, but I don't get what you mean.
Can you explain me please a little more detailed?

Aurion
28.07.08, 18:34
Sorry, but I don't get what you mean.
Can you explain me please a little more detailed?

I meant to toss this algorithms into a crypting cycle,which means encrypting the first algorithms in a closed source coding then reencrypting it again in another wide closed cycle & so on,so you have a more complicated coded algorthms in each cycle till you end up the first opened cycle (as if a BIG cycle inlcudes a smaller several cycles) !! This is my point of view since im not that familiar with coding (I know basics only) and was sharing it with ya to know if it could be done already !!

shoulder
28.07.08, 18:39
You mean a crypting cascade, crypting a file with different algorithms?

anon
28.07.08, 18:45
I meant to toss this algorithms into a crypting cycle,which means encrypting the first algorithms in a closed source coding then reencrypting it again in another wide closed cycle & so on

I think the "concept" for that does exist, it's called "Biggleman's safe":

Biggleman's Safe was a hypothetical cryptography scenario in which a safe builder wrote blueprints for an unbreakable safe. He wanted to keep the blueprints a secret, so he built the safe and locked the blueprints inside.

Took it from the book "digital fortress" :smile:

Is what you mean something like that, Reppy?

- shoulder was faster :biggrin:

Aurion
29.07.08, 13:41
@ anon & Shoulder : you are partially right guys,but I meant also that if its possible to encrypt certain data into different algorithms for several times,which means after the first encrypting cycle ends up,we starts a new cycle to get the first encrypted data more complicated to decrypt,and so on,after each cycle,start a new one so that if we ran the original data into like 10 encryption cycles we got @ the end,very complicated strings of data that would waste lots of time to unlock it :klatsch_3:

shoulder
29.07.08, 13:54
Now i got what you mean I think. :biggrin:

Well, it's hard to say how long it takes also I'm not a cryptographic expert.
But as far as I know it depends on the kind of security vulnerability.
For example if it's "full cracked" or if it has just a "weak point".
To use a "weak point" will take (much) longer, an example for the use of a it is the TimeAttack for the XBox 360.

anon
29.07.08, 17:48
after each cycle,start a new one so that if we ran the original data into like 10 encryption cycles we got @ the end,very complicated strings of data that would waste lots of time to unlock it :klatsch_3:

Ok, now how much would it take for a legit user to decrypt the data :biggrin:

Aurion
31.07.08, 22:27
I was not talking about normal users guys here,I meant experts for sure since I was discussing general encrypting term !! Anyway,I did not get a clue yet wether it could be done or not :tongue:

miyukk
05.08.08, 16:14
truecrypt are way better, you can mount a virtual HDD from a single 256 AES encrypted file

anon
05.08.08, 18:14
Of course TC is better :wink: But this is for when you need to encrypt a file fast and to keep total lamers away, and does that perfectly. :top:

SealLion
06.08.08, 05:39
HI: have you guys ever heard of Axcrypt??

Its also a file encryption proggy. Its not too bad. I use it for keeping encrypted all my password and username stuff for different forums in case I forget what they are.

One can use a key file to aid in encrypting whatever file you use. KInd of what truecrypt has and does as well for encrypted volumes.

anon
06.08.08, 18:09
HI: have you guys ever heard of Axcrypt??

Its also a file encryption proggy. Its not too bad.
One can use a key file to aid in encrypting whatever file you use.

Sounds very good SL ^^
Do you want to post it in the software forum?