PDA

View Full Version : ISP Secretly Copies BitTorrent Tracker Data

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 11:05
Last month, the prominent Malaysian ISP “Shinjiru” had shut down several torrent sites, following pressure from the government. Strangely enough, after a few days of downtime some of the sites started to reappear, like nothing had happened. However, those sites who did not leave, are now being tapped.

Just when things seemed to cool down in Malaysia, we received a rather disturbing email from one of the sysops of tbkresources.org. The sysop told us that, after a few days of downtime, the server was suddenly up again. “After further inquiries with Shinjiru’s billing and abuse department we were assured that “the coast was clear,” he said.

This turned out to be a false sense of security though, as the sysop explained. “Two days ago we discovered that an external disk was suddenly mounted on our box (in a quite clumsy way, I might add) 24/7 support didn’t know shit about it, until 2 hours ago when a senior admin confirmed that this disk was attached by their legal department and out of their hands.”

ISP Secretly Copies BitTorrent Tracker Data (http://torrentfreak.com/isp-copies-bittorrent-tracker-data-for-legal-use-080720/)

Aurion
21.07.08, 17:29
well,to be honest I was amazed when some of the big trackers (such as extremebits.org,rapthe.net,superfando) were first closed down by the same government (malaysian)then came back !! I mean I dont think all of those forgot their disks inside one of the boxes :biggrin:

anon
21.07.08, 18:12
LOL, suddenly drive D: is in "My computer" and no one knows what's going on :tongue:... device manager -> disable :cool2:

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 02:08
darn, no one can be trusted nowadays..that's reallly bad ..someone got paid to spy and take data for the sake of money..this is to sickening

anon
22.07.08, 18:05
this is to sickening

it's stupid really... i hope truecrypt and ssl access for example can counter this :smile:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 07:28
i hope truecrypt and ssl access for example can counter this

or maybe someone should counter-hacked these crooked organizations and do some major damage of there servers

Aurion
23.07.08, 16:07
or maybe someone should counter-hacked these crooked organizations and do some major damage of there servers

you bet on that dude,some one will do that for damn sure since we all are sick of this :icon_angry[1]: also for sure some of the Hacking-Monsters (already hidden in his cave) got also pissed off of this privacy penetration thing,so I guess we will notice a hacking war very soon by one of the best out there :tongue:

anon
23.07.08, 18:25
so I guess we will notice a hacking war very soon by one of the best out there :tongue:

in the meantime we'll just have to wait, hehe :tongue:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 20:57
hacking wars that should be really interesting ,i guess we knows who's going win

Aurion
24.07.08, 17:28
@zat: yeah we also can watch a movie about that war very soon :tongue:

anon
24.07.08, 20:32
WarGames 3: Real life, for the following generations :cool2:

Aurion
02.08.08, 10:47
LOL or just WarGames 3 : H4ckers Payback :tongue:

CindyVer
02.08.08, 11:26
ISP Secretly Copies BitTorrent Tracker Data (http://torrentfreak.com/isp-copies-bittorrent-tracker-data-for-legal-use-080720/)

Same thing is happening at FSC right as we speak :frown:

Trackers gone as a security measure, HDD's being wiped ... they will be taking their bussiness elsewhere.

Aurion
02.08.08, 11:40
Same thing is happening at FSC right as we speak :frown:

Trackers gone as a security measure, HDD's being wiped ... they will be taking their bussiness elsewhere.

are u sure of that ?? plz provide material evidence if possible

CindyVer
02.08.08, 12:55
are u sure of that ?? plz provide material evidence if possible

100% and any other member can confirm it.
:cool2:

Aurion
02.08.08, 17:13
100% and any other member can confirm it.
:cool2:

LOL u are the one who already announced about that :tongue: