PDA

View Full Version : Study: IT jobs will drop in 2009

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 05:26
IT staff jobs are at increasing risk -- both for contractors and in-house workers -- according to a survey of top CIOs by Goldman Sachs & Co. released last week. Global services companies will also feel the pinch because of the slowing economy.

A second survey showed that basic PC and network hardware, as well as professional services providers, would bear the largest proportion of spending cuts. It also showed that CIOs planned to emphasize economizing measures over investments in new technologies, with cloud computing emerging as the last item on their priority lists, despite the hype around it.
IT contractors to bear the brunt of cuts

"Demand for discretionary IT projects dropped to its lowest point" in the 41-study history of the Goldman Sachs staffing survey, which asked 100 managers with strategic decision-making authority (mainly CIOs at multinational Fortune 1,000 companies) about their IT staffing plans for 2009.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9110329&intsrc=hm_list

Aurion
21.07.08, 08:39
"...computing emerging as the last item on their priority lists, despite the hype around it.
IT contractors to bear the brunt of cuts"

its all about computing skills that always get bought by large firms to be used in major technology industry (which IMO would be too LAME to be disposed that easily after the Era of PC invention) !! anyway,that IT issue wont last that long since the need for new IT experts always exists in the world of "rushy technology"

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 09:12
well lucky for me i didnt major in IT, i would be out of a job right now,,It's a good thing i became a custodian:biggrin:

Aurion
21.07.08, 17:20
maybe be because we are not in the major of IT,we are still good PC users (kinda pros for medium people),so this is why some times when u are out of a major its safe for ya :biggrin::tongue: