PDA

View Full Version : Wii On Top

zatoicchi
20.07.08, 04:22
Nintendo is claiming that its Wii console is now the number-one selling system in the USA. From a press release today:

Equaling its status on a worldwide basis, Wii has become the best-selling video game console in the United States. According to independent sales tracking information from the NPD Group, more than 666,000 Wii consoles sold for the month of June, and nearly 10.9 million Wii consoles have been sold in the United States in the 20 months following its November 2006 launch. The system is credited with breaking down the psychological barriers between gamers and non-gamers.

Wii On Top (http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=20689)

anon
20.07.08, 18:28
"The system is credited with breaking down the psychological barriers between gamers and non-gamers."

LOL. I never thought they'd go to the extent of saying that :biggrin:

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 02:37
I never thought they'd go to the extent of saying that

shrewd businessman will say anything to make a profit..hype it, guaranteed more sales and more money.

anon
21.07.08, 18:26
well, that's right :wink: but "breaking psychological barriers" sounds lame really :biggrin:

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 02:14
ell, that's right but "breaking psychological barriers" sounds lame really

not when it comes to profitablity :biggrin:, to them anything goes..

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 10:39
The Nintendo Wii can claim another feather in its already impressive sales cap this week, with Nintendo Australia announcing that as of July 20, the Wii has sold more than 500,000 units to the Australian market. The hardware took a mere 84 weeks to reach the half-million mark, making it the fastest console to reach the sales milestone. The previous record holders, Sony’s PlayStation 2 and the Nintendo DS handheld both reached the figure in 107 weeks of sale. Independent sales tracker GfK Australia confirmed the figures to GameSpot AU.

Nintendo Australia also took the opportunity to announce that over the same July sales audit period its other popular console, the Nintendo DS handheld had surpassed the 1.2 million units sold mark. The figures reinforce the continued dominance of the products in the Australian market, and in one week at the beginning of July, the DS sold in excess of 49,000 units--the highest single number of consoles ever sold in a week down under.

500,000 Wiis sold in Australia (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6194895.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6194895)

Aurion
23.07.08, 17:20
".... 666,000 sold for the month of June" woow this is a huge number,does it worth the hit ?? I mean I did not see it live yet but I think it should be way good based on this review

anon
23.07.08, 19:46
does it worth the hit ??

well the wii has advanced to the next level of joysticks with those movement sensors that make you kinda part of the game so i guess some people want to see how that feels :tongue:

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 03:54
wii console and games are beginning to be a household name.everyone i know have a wii game console. the amount sold is rising steadily among the adults, too..

anon
24.07.08, 21:21
no business with me though, i still have my PS1 :biggrin:

Aurion
25.07.08, 16:29
hmm,u know maybe that sensor thinggy made it hit the top of the list tho !! anyway,I guess gamers would afford anything just to experience a new challenge

anon
25.07.08, 18:39
hmm,u know maybe that sensor thinggy made it hit the top of the list tho !!

well it makes you fit as you game, instead of the classic image of you dropped in a chair with the joystick in your hand :biggrin:

Aurion
28.07.08, 11:34
yeah u know back then,when the first gaming joystick came out,it was just plain as dead,no one would have imagined that there will be a simulator joysticks (I mean for flight simulators ...etc) to add some more weird tastes for ur gaming experience,now look it became true that they are releasing sensor item to add some weirder experience :biggrin: (Technology OWNS)

anon
28.07.08, 18:31
no one would have imagined that there will be a simulator joysticks (I mean for flight simulators ...etc) to add some more weird tastes for ur gaming experience

or car steering wheels joysticks that react like a real one would if you, err, crash your car in-game :klatsch_3: If I had done all the mad stuff I did in car games in real life I'd have died like 10000 times LOL :biggrin:

Aurion
29.07.08, 12:06
LOL yeah,I remember back then when I used to play car games (such as NFS UG,NFS UG2,NFS Carbon ...etc) after I njoyed like 5 hours of crashing,crushing & getting crushed LOL :biggrin: I go out to hang out,then feel like I want to drive my car & drift it among other moving cars (crazy thoughts u know :tongue:)

Options
29.07.08, 13:13
everybody loves wii because of the sensor joystick. people can exercise as they play the game.
i think that's what makes Wii hit the Top

Aurion
29.07.08, 20:05
everybody loves wii because of the sensor joystick. people can exercise as they play the game.

LOL excersice ?? ooh,u mean the hand waving & so :biggrin: yeah that might be one of the reasons tho

anon
29.07.08, 20:09
ooh,u mean the hand waving & so :biggrin:

It does make you feel more "inside the game" and move your body when playing instead of being dropped in a sofa hitting a joystick for several hours :biggrin:

Aurion
29.07.08, 20:12
LOL yeah anon,thats true,sitting on lazy chairs became so LAME lately (im already fat as a cow :tongue: joking)

anon
29.07.08, 20:15
Go walk around a little then :biggrin:... but take an "internet communications device" to stay connected :wink:

Aurion
31.07.08, 21:58
they really should have fun possible with their Wi-Fi tho :tongue: