PDA

View Full Version : PassX 1.1 Build 651 Beta 2

zatoicchi
20.07.08, 04:25
http://images.betanews.com/screenshots/1150889092-1.jpg

PassX is a simple tool that will allow you to generate completely secure passwords for Windows. You can either create passwords randomly (being any size, include special characters, force stop certain characters, etc), build a password from a string (a sentence, or names, or anything you want) or build a password generated from a list of words that you have specified (which can be customised for how they are used). All settings created can be saved and re-used later to create more passwords and the passwords generated can be saved to a TXT file. You can create any number of passwords you wish and they can be used on other operating systems other than Windows (Linux, MAC-OS, etc).

download link
PassX (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PassX/1150889092/1)

anon
20.07.08, 19:56
hopefully software like this will prevent people from using the same passes everywhere which is a security risk. geting a completely different string to use as a password becomes just as easy.

zatoicchi
20.07.08, 22:43
geting a completely different string to use as a password becomes just as easy

the reasons why to is because sometimes it's hard remembering what password you use for each site you join..it's easier sometime inputting the same string to get a password..

anon
20.07.08, 23:07
yep, i know having to remember different long passwords is hard, but also more secure ;)

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 03:13
yea security is always the issues for everyone especially if your works depend on using the internet all the time..but importantly keeping yourself from getting your identity

Aurion
21.07.08, 06:23
Great tool zat,looking forward to use it tho !!

@anon: or just copy/paste ur passwords regularly to a nice tiny notepad :tongue:

anon
21.07.08, 18:54
@anon: or just copy/paste ur passwords regularly to a nice tiny notepad :tongue:

then use xcode32 to crypt that .txt with a "master password", can be a good idea... i'm going to post XC32 when i get home :top:

Aurion
23.07.08, 20:56
its a good idea,yeah do that,would be very handy tho