PDA

View Full Version : emulate bitcomet

divlord
19.07.08, 22:34
at many places bitcomet is banned.But i get better speeds with bitcomet.
So is there any tool with which i can download using bitcomet but the tracker reads my client as utorrent or vuze??

shoulder
19.07.08, 22:36
As far as I know there's no BitComet version which is able to spoof another client.

anon
19.07.08, 22:38
you may be able to fake the peer_id hex-editing the executable to some extent, but i'm not an expert... it may also happen that you can edit the "BC" part but not the version sent, and definitely not the tracker announce's structure. and when other uT/Azureus peers try to contact you, they will instantly realize you're not one of them and flag you as [FAKE]...

in short: i don't think it can be done. :frown:

Dagon
19.07.08, 22:41
i say only uni leech universal leech tool, u can find it on tools in this board.

Mfg Dagon

shoulder
19.07.08, 22:43
uTorrent can't be spoofed to peers because they flag you as [FAKE].
Azureus was possible to spoof but as far as I know the newer ones (i think 3.1.1.0 and above) will also be flagged as [FAKE] by the peers you're connected to.

@Dagon:
That's a possibility but some tracker detect it as proxy and refuse your connection.

anon
19.07.08, 22:52
Azureus was possible to spoof but as far as I know the newer ones (i think 3.1.1.0 and above) will also be flagged as [FAKE] by the peers you're connected to.

exactly: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php?title=Peer_identification&printable=yes#Fake_clients

@Dagon:
That's a possibility but some tracker detect it as proxy and refuse your connection.

that's right. Unileech also pads your announces with NULs, which can render you unable to download when using it:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8291/unileechyesvq5.gif

it also can fake/change your peer_id (you need to know at least one valid p_id of the client to "spoof", though) but not the announce structure, and that's easy to detect because BC's is different that uTorrent's or Vuze's.