PDA

View Full Version : P2P-Next Introduces Live BitTorrent Streaming

zatoicchi
19.07.08, 05:35
The Swarmplayer developed by the P2P-Next research group is now capable of streaming live video in true 4th generation P2P style using a zero-server approach. With a $22 million project budget from the EU and partners, the P2P-Next research group intends to redefine how video is viewed on the Internet.

p2p-next logoThis new breakthrough technology allows everyone to broadcast a live stream, such as a webcam feed, to thousands of people, using around the same amount of bandwidth you would use to stream to one or two people. With SwarmPlayer, the user can simply click on a “live” .torrent file and tune into any live BitTorrent channel. To make this possible, the P2P-Next research group created a new .tstream format which is a regular .torrent with live capability.

The BBC is one of the parties currently testing the new BitTorrent streaming format, which is part of the P2P-Next project. The scientific director of the project, Johan Pouwelse, told TorrentFreak that it’s not just the BBC interested in this new technology: “We are working with a lot of interested parties. Through the European Broadcasting Union we are getting a lot of feedback. We are expected to do more field trials in the near future.”

P2P-Next Introduces Live BitTorrent Streaming | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/p2p-next-introduces-live-bittorrent-streaming-080718/)

Aurion
19.07.08, 16:51
damn,that would be a new nice race of technology,they had to make something better which dont suck bandwith every time a new video is displayed,so this got to be Wild tho :top:

anon
19.07.08, 18:41
what's next, youtube over BT? hehe :klatsch_3:

no really, as the need for more bandwidth increases, ISPs that shape traffic will have to stop doing so as the difference between them and those that don't will become even more marked, and everyone will move to other service providers, which will ruin them. YouTube, for example, used approximately the same bandwidth last year that the whole Internet used in 2003 :eek3: wonder what ISP google is using... :tongue:

Aurion
20.07.08, 16:53
maybe u are quite right anon,but I dont know why I keep feeling that this is a set-up @ the first place,see when you pay for an unlimited bandwith,u just need to freely download/upload anything,anytime from anywhere,dont u ?? so if some folks will give u low bandwith hosted videos to be shared around the web,then others come to shape ur traffic,then others get u busted for p2p-ing,LOL this is a big MESS !! dont u agree that this kinda planned to be happening like this ?? :tongue:

anon
20.07.08, 18:54
when you pay for an unlimited bandwith,u just need to freely download/upload anything,anytime from anywhere,dont u ?? so if some folks will give u low bandwith hosted videos to be shared around the web,then others come to shape ur traffic,then others get u busted for p2p-ing,LOL this is a big MESS !!

agree, it's a mess, you don't know where to start :tongue:

the funniest thing is that ISPs that have the most limitations and traffic shaping are the ones that guarantee "no limits", "no surprises" and "high speed large files download"... :shy:

Aurion
20.07.08, 19:07
Yeah but that turned out to be way fake than anything they ever announced of :baeh: I hate when people lie to get rich

anon
20.07.08, 19:11
I hate when people lie to get rich

most of the time, that is :|

Aurion
20.07.08, 19:12
well,that makes me sad man,you know when people just pretend to be smart while actually they are just keep their lies way ahead other folks :rolleyes2:

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 02:43
I hate when people lie to get rich

companies and rich people has always been deceitfull in becoming more rich..it has been practice throughout the ages. a good example would be the Policitians ..they are all liars..

Aurion
21.07.08, 05:14
LOL zat I feel that you lived back @ 30s or something :biggrin: damn you are right man,if a bad a$$ person who wants to learn how cheat & lie,he should take tuts from politicians :tongue:

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 09:07
take tuts from politicians

LOL, and who do you think own those big companies?:wink:

Aurion
22.07.08, 05:32
LOL, and who do you think own those big companies?:wink:

believe me they own more than just big companies (arms dealing ...etc) so dont expect nothing less

anon
22.07.08, 18:22
weapon and drugs traffic are probably the two most successful businesses in the world... :/

but we're getting off-topic. :wink:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 04:52
weapon and drugs traffic are probably the two most successful businesses in the world... :/

and p2p is not too far behind , theres is lot of changes and innmovation in the next coming years ..:smile:

Aurion
23.07.08, 16:41
Well,I guess you are right straight into the point regarding further changes/improvements to Inet service & the favours it can offer for its users !! remember guys,when the very first Wireless/Wi-Fi connections been released ? people was very happy chatting in Bars/Cafes while having some nice time !! no one could ever imagined accessing the Inet using his laptop while being on the road inside a cab or even when driving his car !! so its just about races & new eras of technology being modified & upgraded every now single minute :top:

anon
23.07.08, 20:45
no one could ever imagined accessing the Inet using his laptop while being on the road inside a cab or even when driving his car !!

i didn't think i could find myself browsing the 'net when in the bus too using just a mobile, but so was it :biggrin: (before my carrier found out about the free GPRS "bug" :tongue:)

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 21:42
browsing the 'net when in the bus too using just a mobile

that's a thought now i can be online almost 24/7, imagine that..

anon
23.07.08, 21:44
if you're going to do that, better get an unlimited data plan, or else entering your homepage through your mobile is going to take half your bill...

Opera Mini (http://www.operamini.com/) :biggrin:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 21:47
your mobile is going to take half your bill...

actually here in the us some offers a plan for a certain amount of dollars

anon
23.07.08, 21:50
a plan for a certain amount of dollars

that's what i meant :smile: or else, if using the most expensive prepaid plan, just entering google with images disabled and browsing through a few search pages takes a good chunk of your credit away :|

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 21:52
it's not really that expensive here in the U.S because of competition

anon
23.07.08, 21:58
here we only have 3 companies :redface:

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 02:56
here we only have 3 companies

that's more than enough choice to make. :wink:..if you to do decide to sign up

Aurion
24.07.08, 17:27
Well,we first got that 3G service 5 years ago when everyone was very happy to have Wireless connection driving out the town but the problem is that we got only 2 Major Mobile Providers who can handle such a service with kinda suitable prices (at least for me)

anon
24.07.08, 20:31
then 3G services arrived quite a bit late here - at the beginning of this year, but people could still take their laptops to the beach in vacations and browse the NeT :tongue: