PDA

View Full Version : UK File-Sharers and the “Wireless Defense”

zatoicchi
18.07.08, 09:28
As the legal issues surrounding file-sharing heat up in the UK, more and more recipients of compensation demands are considering their defense. One such possibility is the ‘wireless’ or ‘WiFi’ defense. We take a look at the issue and try to shine some light on what people can expect, should they take this route.

As long as there have been lawsuits against alleged file-sharers, there have been people claiming that they did not do what the anti-piracy agencies are alleging. In a practical world, although it should be possible for competent groups and individuals to identify an IP address infringing copyright, it is known worldwide that many anti-piracy outfits are simply not competent. They send warnings or compensation demands to laser printers and hundreds of other non-infringing users and devices, such as the user in Germany recently who proved to be using a client which wasn’t capable of infringing. Even the MPAA acknowledges that it’s so difficult to gather evidence to use in these cases that feels it shouldn’t have to provide any.

UK File-Sharers and the “Wireless Defense” | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/uk-file-sharers-and-the-wireless-defense-080717/)

anon
18.07.08, 19:06
"They send warnings or compensation demands to laser printers and hundreds of other non-infringing users and devices"

ok this was it. i'll look at my epson more suspiciously from now on, it may be downloading illegal files behind my back... :rolleyes2:

Aurion
19.07.08, 17:56
"In a practical world, although it should be possible for competent groups and individuals to identify an IP address..." damn,they are so self oriented & old fashion people,that thing about printers I dont believe it can be done,but if it could,then I guess people would stop using printers for a while,otherwise,those anti-p2p agencies are just claiming everything using IP ads :rolling_eyes:

anon
19.07.08, 19:35
"In a practical world, although it should be possible for competent groups and individuals to identify an IP address..." damn,they are so self oriented & old fashion people

yes :) an IP address doesn't identify a person, and that's a fact. you can have more than 200 people NATed behind a single address...

Aurion
20.07.08, 17:58
still,they are dreaming about some silly printers that could bust u up !!:rolling_eyes: isnt that cool to have ur printed hard copies watermarked with digital uni-coded digits so that u find E-Police coming to hand-caugh you for p2p-ing :tongue:

anon
20.07.08, 19:51
printed hard copies watermarked with digital uni-coded digits

no two works would be the same :cool2:

Aurion
20.07.08, 20:09
but to bust down a p2per using printers !! thats LAME :redface:

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 02:53
but to bust down a p2per using printers !! thats LAME

companies like the RiaA will put any kind of blame to P2per user.no doubt about that

Aurion
21.07.08, 06:17
their doubts man are useless tho !! they are just pretending of having certain anti illegal piract power as they say to stop those p2pers from harming economies,well GOD,this sux man :baeh:

anon
21.07.08, 18:50
but to bust down a p2per using printers !! thats LAME :redface:

they don't need evidence as they're powerful, remember? :shy:

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 02:58
they don't need evidence as they're powerful, remember?

yep. dont under estimate the capabilities of the RIAA they will sue you for the sake of suing

anon
22.07.08, 18:53
they will sue you for the sake of suing

just because they feel like doing it. every time i hear they sued someone i'm like "dude, that's just plain wrong :mad2:"

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 09:19
every time i hear they sued someone i'm like "dude, that's just plain wrong "

it's definitely wrong but the problem is the RIAA and those organizations, they dont care and they dont have any conscience..money is money to them

Aurion
23.07.08, 13:05
its true they dont give a f$ck yeah !! but the thing is that for sure once a certain court gave them full authority to sue inet users with fake crimes,then I guess another court would take off this authority if they kept pushing over customers since its useless u know !! they just sue some one then he goes back & use a p2p application,then what ??