PDA

View Full Version : Group warns FCC: Comcast's good behavior just a "trick play"

zatoicchi
18.07.08, 08:21
Free Press, the advocacy group riding Comcast so hard it could probably use a quality pair of leather chaps, today filed a strongly-worded statement with the FCC about the company's actions. Not only is Comcast lying, blocking, flip-flopping, and upping its speeds without making infrastructure investments ("window dressing"), but the company's recent public partnerships with companies like BitTorrent are merely a facade designed to keep regulators at bay. But if the FCC's attention falters, says Free Press, Comcast will just do exactly what it did years ago in the old line-sharing debate: beat off regulators, then go back to bad habits.

Comcast tells Ars that Free Press needs to put down the horsewhip and trudge back to the classroom: those old agreements are still in place and the new agreements are serious and expensive efforts to craft a fairer throttling system during times of congestion.

Group warns FCC: Comcast's good behavior just a "trick play" (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080717-group-warns-fcc-comcasts-good-behavior-just-a-trick-play.html)

Aurion
19.07.08, 17:01
damn,Free Extra Download Speeds ??!! That would be Cool :biggrin: anyway,I guess they are a bunch of gamblers who just keep bragging about their Fine Service,now they are offering Free Speeds,aint that Tricky ?? :biggrin:

anon
19.07.08, 19:00
if i was a comcast customer i honestly wouldn't really care about how well they carry on with BT Inc. or their new plans, i'd just want to have the full connection i'd be paying for to be able to p2p freely, and not to browse and check my mail

zatoicchi
20.07.08, 11:16
How can anyone believe what comcast has to say anymore anyway , they are not trustworthy at all

Aurion
20.07.08, 16:48
...they are not trustworthy at all

I guess this is the core of the subject dude,offering free extra download slots,for what ?? more Trust in the whole body of their service,well,nah I dont think they got their roof this time,everyone now knows how to avoid dealing with liars,when u get dumbed by a rock,u wont get over it once again,a Donkey wont do that :biggrin:

anon
20.07.08, 17:46
everyone now knows how to avoid dealing with liars,when u get dumbed by a rock,u wont get over it once again,a Donkey wont do that :biggrin:

and even more if the issue becomes of public knowledge, just like comcast's... i think there must be some people out there that don't know how to use a PC but do know comcast is bad... those small bits of knowledge :biggrin:

Aurion
20.07.08, 18:27
LOL yeah,knowledge is always a good weapon u know !! just give comcast some time,they will be history

anon
20.07.08, 18:37
just give comcast some time,they will be history

if they keep up the "good work" (:rolleyes2:), then surely.

Aurion
20.07.08, 19:11
I bet they do since they got too way out of reality man,they are just pretending to be the Honest ISP in the world !! Sure thing they will get down very soon :wink2:

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 01:47
comcast customer will eventually get fed up and look for other isp alternative solution..

Aurion
21.07.08, 05:19
yeah,thats the way it is nowaday zat,a customer is a free creature who can decide what suites him the best,wether liking or disliking certain types of offered products,its about his taste

anon
21.07.08, 17:51
only people that need 100Mbit connections to browse and e-mail and those that don't know what P2P is (yet :smile:) will remain @ comcast :wink:

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 02:11
only people that need 100Mbit connections to browse and e-mail and those that don't know what P2P is (yet ) will remain @ comcast

well i believe that leaves us out of the picture then...LOL

anon
22.07.08, 17:56
well, if i was a comcast user, you definitely CAN'T count me between those :smile:

Aurion
23.07.08, 16:46
yeah anon,u maybe be absolutely right dude,but u know there is also some other guys who are actually p2p freaks (like us :biggrin:) who doesnt get enough with ONLY browsing silly yahoo games & emails who can not afford nor reach any other ISPs in their area so I guess those will be Comcast's victims :rolleyes2: (feeling sorry for them really)

anon
23.07.08, 21:12
(feeling sorry for them really)

me too, because they are really unable to do anything about it in that situation :frown:

:icon_angry[1]:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 21:39
because they are really unable to do anything about it in that situation

if there's a will there is always a way..anything is possible if you put your mind into it.. maybe people who has comcast can make a picket line and protest

anon
23.07.08, 21:42
i do hope they can do something about it :smile:

if there's a will there is always a way..

:top:

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 10:21
or maybe we dont have do to anything , they will probably destroy themselves in the process,that would be something isnt it

Aurion
24.07.08, 17:12
@zat: what would u say about people who already trapped in a certain area ranged with limited ISPs who ONLY have the right to distribute Inet service ?? I guess this is way unfair man :icon_angry[1]: to let such a Big A$$ ISP to control people's desires for Inet usage