PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV Impressions

zatoicchi
17.07.08, 08:22
http://www.psxextreme.com/images/common/News/streetfighteriv_01.jpg

Perhaps the highlight of the show was finally playing Street Fighter IV. Granted, what we played wasn't on a console, but rather the actual arcade cabinets. The cabinets were beautiful, decked out in a white paint scheme, and brought back the memories of our childhoods immediately.

Throw away all of your reservations with Street Fighter IV, because there is no doubt about it, this is one of the best fighting games Capcom, or any other developer, has brought out in years. It stays completely true to the series, by offering 2D gameplay, albeit with 3D fighters. The gameplay is very much like Street Fighter 2 was, and, in fact, much of the same combos from the previous Street Fighter games worked in Street Fighter IV. So if you're an experienced SF vet, you'll feel right at home with Street Fighter IV.

What we loved about SFIV's gameplay is how silky smooth it felt; the game has the smoothness and fluidity of Street Fighter III, with the gameplay of Street Fighter II. Ironically, Street Fighter IV's story actually takes place in between Street Fighter II and III. Because the game is so fluid, it's also extremely responsive; again, we were able to pull off combos immediately. Thanks to all of these gameplay assets, the end result is one extremely addictive game; we didn't want to come off the seats in front of the cab, but plenty of other games had to be covered.

PS3 News: E3 2008: Street Fighter IV Impressions (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3432.html)

yoco
17.07.08, 09:38
Looks good. I wonder how will this game play on PC? Good thing a have gamepad.

zatoicchi
17.07.08, 10:33
this game reminded me in the good old days ,everyone i know played this game.it was one of the popular game around. arcade places even held tournament who was the best in this game..

kazuya
18.07.08, 11:14
Finaly after so many years a new version of Street fighter.Looks preety good.That combination of 3D and 2D is amazing. Playing this game since nitendo and sega.
Hardly waiting to kick somebody's as:cool2:

anon
18.07.08, 21:30
this game reminded me in the good old days ,everyone i know played this game.it was one of the popular game around. arcade places even held tournament who was the best in this game..

yep, remember the classic street fighter? lots of fun. i'd gather with all my buddies at home and play 1-on-1 to see who was the best, a real proof of skill and agility with the joystick ^^

Aurion
19.07.08, 17:10
LOL I remember the first time I played this game was on Sega Console 10 years ago,damn was lots of fun back then (for sure everything was LAME but back then it was a BOMB),anyway good to hear that a new version is coming out soon :biggrin:

anon
19.07.08, 18:27
LOL I remember the first time I played this game was on Sega Console 10 years ago

i played it in my NES console (called "family game" more often here :tongue:). can still remember the game's intro :biggrin:

Aurion
23.07.08, 17:14
i played it in my NES console (called "family game" more often here :tongue:). can still remember the game's intro :biggrin:

yeah that was the series prior to SEGA :biggrin: was a LAME device but funny back then

anon
23.07.08, 18:16
hehe, that and playing tetris in my NES, with blocks that wouldn't fall if they had nothing below, and the little guys in the "tower" in the center of the screen :tongue:

Aurion
23.07.08, 19:31
yeah also remember that game called "Tankers" ?? kinda tanks in green color,u drive urs in a big puzzle (ur screen tho) trying to destroy other tanks in corners without being bombed ---> lol that was the Stone Age :tongue:

anon
23.07.08, 21:10
do you mean this one?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_ByvDE3Yrpx0/Rg2Kd9TOYbI/AAAAAAAAAAM/RI8As_PwkIU/s320/Battle_City_video_game.jpg

nothing to do with the 4D graphics you can find in the current consoles but still lots of fun :biggrin:

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 03:47
gee, never ever heard of tankers.:biggrin: someone should add this to the street fighter 4 game and they can use it to fight it out it a special match fight

anon
24.07.08, 21:22
a game mode where you fight inside tanks? haha :smile_rofl_2:

Aurion
25.07.08, 16:41
do you mean this one?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_ByvDE3Yrpx0/Rg2Kd9TOYbI/AAAAAAAAAAM/RI8As_PwkIU/s320/Battle_City_video_game.jpg

nothing to do with the 4D graphics you can find in the current consoles but still lots of fun :biggrin:

yeah anon,that was my LOVE back then :biggrin: it was my soul mate game (I didnt figure out why but I kinda liked it very much tho)

anon
25.07.08, 17:23
(I didnt figure out why but I kinda liked it very much tho)

because it was easy to play but difficult to master (specially in the last levels) :tongue:

Aurion
25.07.08, 17:50
because it was easy to play but difficult to master (specially in the last levels) :tongue:

yeah maybe thats true,u know I was a little child,so for sure would have been hard to control it :tongue:

anon
25.07.08, 18:20
hehe spamming the A button to shoot faster ftw :D

Aurion
26.07.08, 15:47
hehe spamming the A button to shoot faster ftw :D

yeah hahaha :smile_rofl_2: I felt back then that Im gonna break the stick :tongue:

anon
26.07.08, 19:49
I felt back then that Im gonna break the stick :tongue:

That's why you had to buy a pair of extra controllers along the console. Everyone has broken a joystick at least once while playing very intensely I think :tongue:

Aurion
28.07.08, 11:22
yeah,I guess that happened to all of us,anyway it was kinda a very interesting game tho !! Real Fun & Pleasure back then :wink:

BTW : This is My 1000th Post (damn,I cant believe that Ive been here for 2 month ONLY) :biggrin:

anon
28.07.08, 19:10
BTW : This is My 1000th Post (damn,I cant believe that Ive been here for 2 month ONLY) :biggrin:

Congratulations fellow :sb-freak:. :PC-Freak: :top:

Aurion
29.07.08, 11:55
LOL it feels awesome when you get addicted to something you LOVE :lovesbi:

anon
29.07.08, 19:01
something you LOVE :lovesbi:

We all love SBI I think ^^

:lovesbi:

Aurion
29.07.08, 20:21
cheater I said it first :tongue: