PDA

View Full Version : "BitTorrent over I2P" and JAP

Options
17.07.08, 06:33
Anyone have ever heard of "BitTorrent over I2P" and JAP??

these program allows you to be anonymous. But i only know that much

Anyone using any of these? Is it really needed?

Aurion
17.07.08, 16:11
Well,here are some useful Infos on How to use Bittorrent over I2P :

BitTorrent over I2P” takes you out of the loop, so to speak - right from the start. Instead, your IP address will show up as 127.0.0.1 - entirely benign. And because you’re already anonymous on I2P, everything else running through it (or ‘over‘ it) will be equally concealed.

Q: — Why use ‘Bit over I2P’ when I can use a proxy server?

A: — True reliable proxy servers aren’t free. As well, your proxy server does have your name and real IP address on file through the account, and will likely comply to coughing up this information if required to do so.

Q: — Why use ‘Bit over I2P’ when I already use IP Blocking software?

A: — IP blocklists are fallible, and not 100%. Who’s to say that employees from MediaDefender or BayTSP don’t go home at night and use the same company techniques to harvest IP addresses?! Surely these residential IPs can’t all be on the blocklists.

to download that I2P plug-in check this link (http://i2host.i2p/files/i2p-bt.tar.gz)

check my new TuT on how to set Bittorrent Over I2P on both Bit-torrent & Azureus :top: Once I get home since im still @ Work

Options
17.07.08, 16:43
I have got the TuT on other site (i think it is the same site you got that infos from). but i have some question about these two program (I2P and JAP).. Like anyone here using I2P or Jap? maybe they can share some of their experience.

Aurion
17.07.08, 16:48
LOL anyway,im gonna post that TuT later today so that other members know about using that method !! Anyway,I think this method is a very secure one for staying anonymouse while torrenting !!

anon
17.07.08, 17:39
BT over I2P makes you very anonymous, but transfer speeds will severely slow down and (last time i checked) you have to use the snark BT client or azureus, which has I2P support. (I don't know about now, maybe you can use other clients...)

JAP sends all requests it receives to a proxy chain, increasing anonymity. Maybe i can add JAP to my semi-anon torrenting tutorial... :top:

vDD+wR
23.07.08, 13:15
BT over I2P makes you very anonymous, but transfer speeds will severely slow down

these two could be an good alternative to the other methods you've posted already, but in reference to the download speeds JAP isn't the perfect method , as far as i know.
i have tried it a few month ago, but i didnt satisfy me..:frown:

but maybe anon knows how tune up things a bit..:wink:

anon
23.07.08, 18:33
but in reference to the download speeds JAP isn't the perfect method , as far as i know.
i have tried it a few month ago, but i didnt satisfy me..:frown:

were you using it also for peer connections or just for announcing? thought it couldn't be used for anything that isn't HTTP... anyway JAP chains you behing three proxies so speeds will always be slower than if it wasn't being used :frown: