PDA

View Full Version : [July,16] Sun issues upbeat fourth-quarter forecast

Aurion
16.07.08, 18:12
Sun Microsystems on Tuesday announced preliminary fourth-quarter results that were higher than Wall Street's expectations, sending its shares up more than 11 percent in after-hours trading.

Shares of Sun climbed as high as $9.83 per share in after-hours trading, up from a close of $8.80 a share during the regular session.

"In these difficult economic times, we continue to see customers across the world look to open software and hardware as a source of savings," Jonathan Schwartz, Sun's chief executive, said in a statement.

Sun said it expects to report fourth-quarter revenue between $3.7 billion and $3.8 billion for the period ending June 30, compared with nearly $3.84 billion a year ago.

Source :

Sun issues upbeat fourth-quarter forecast | News - Business Tech - CNET News.com (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-9991939-92.html?tag=nefd.top)

zatoicchi
17.07.08, 12:53
maybe i should have bought some share with sun micro system, the way the market is going lately with the economy , i need some extra retirement plan:smile:

Aurion
18.07.08, 04:21
LOL :biggrin: you are right,stock market is doing very well since 2005 !! GBP/EUR is my favourite pair for all times :tongue:

anon
18.07.08, 21:22
maybe i should have bought some share with sun micro system, the way the market is going lately with the economy , i need some extra retirement plan:smile:

that'd be good :smile: but pile up some money in a small bank nobody knows or cares about: so that should sun start doing bad for an extended period of time, and therefore your stocks start losing $$$, you can sever all ties with the company and start again with the funds you "hid" :top: