PDA

View Full Version : Speed Up Your Torrent Downloads, Get a Seedbox

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 05:21
A seedbox is BitTorrent jargon for a dedicated high-speed server, used exclusively for torrent transfers. With a seedbox you’ll be able to download and upload faster than you ever imagined. Additionally, you can manage your torrents through a browser from anywhere, anytime.

Seedboxes are not something every BitTorrent user wants or needs. They are mostly for people who share a lot of files, and those who want to keep a good ratio on one of the elite private BitTorrent trackers.

The downside to having a seedbox is of course that they are not free. To some this isn’t a problem, “I pay for my Internet connection, so why not pay a few extra bucks to get the best out of it,” is an argument we often hear. Others, however, are satisfied with the speeds they get, and don’t want to pay extra for BitTorrent traffic.

So why should people use these seedboxes? What are the benefits? Here are some of the advantages.

Speed Up Your Torrent Downloads, Get a Seedbox | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/10-reasons-why-you-need-a-seedbox-080715/)

anon
16.07.08, 16:52
point 4 of the article sounds good to me :wink:... i may start saving money to rent a Sbox, something just a few Mbits above my connection would be fine :D

Dagon
16.07.08, 17:04
hey its the cheapest to rent a vserver and do this with not so much people. u need only a little bit time and knowledge how to install all the things u need (or testing it on ur own computer first)

Mfg Dagon

shoulder
16.07.08, 17:07
Never use a V-Server for such things.
Think of the shared connection and the high security risk.

Dagon
16.07.08, 17:46
oh sorry i meant dedicated server. then u have ur own server, can crypt and secure things.

Mfg Dagon

shoulder
16.07.08, 17:55
As far as I know a Seedbox is nothing else than a dedicated server only used for torrent transfers and transfers to your home PC.

Most people use TorrentFlux (http://www.torrentflux.com/) on their Seedboxes which allows them to access and manage their Seedbox from everywhere with a browser.

Aurion
16.07.08, 21:54
hmmm,nice topic zat,kinda useful for dedicated persons who just to torrent all the time :biggrin:

anon
16.07.08, 21:56
dedicated persons who just to torrent all the time :biggrin:

most of us that is, i'd say :klatsch_3: