PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger talks about playing the Joker in “The Dark Knight”

zatoicchi
15.07.08, 12:53
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/joker1122-150x150.jpg

I gotta say that it at first creeped me out to re-listen to the interview I did with Heath Ledger about a year before he died from a prescription drug overdose. The idea of repackaging his thoughts on “The Dark Knight” initially struck me as a bit exploitive considering the hype around his acclaimed performance in the Batman flick that opens Friday.

I interviewed Ledger in December 2006 when he was promoting the independent Australian film “Candy,” which features one of the many memorable performances by the actor. Ledger had just been cast as the Joker, and I couldn’t help but wonder what the guy would bring to character who had been portrayed by everyone from Cesar Romero to Jack Nicholson. We didn’t discuss the role for very long, but I think what’s repackaged in this brief podcast at least provides a glimpse into the performer’s uneasiness with the expectations that come with starring in a blockbuster.

Heath Ledger talks about playing the Joker in “The Dark Knight” | A+E Interactive (http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2008/07/13/from-the-grave-heath-ledger-talks-about-the-dark-knight/)

Aurion
15.07.08, 22:22
he was such a good actor regarding that famous role he played long time ago,I guess if he could reproduce it in better acting styles/character details then it would be way modern than before

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 23:01
everyone is saying that he will be nominated for an posthumous academy award. an award thats well deserved in life and in death

Aurion
20.07.08, 19:11
everyone is saying that he will be nominated for an posthumous academy award. an award thats well deserved in life and in death

LOL :biggrin: I guess he earned it with a STAR promotion

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 03:29
I guess he earned it with a STAR promotion

and now the the academy is saying he does not deserved and oscar..i guess time will tell if he recieve an oscar or not. and im hoping he does get one ...

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 07:28
wow,Dark Knight grosssed $155,340,000 first opening weekend release..

Aurion
21.07.08, 09:21
damn man,movies is a good business nowaday LOL :biggrin:

about him,nah I guess he would turn over all expectations very soon,give it some time

Manas
21.07.08, 11:46
Has anyone seen the IMDB rating of the film?
Haven't seen such a good rated movie at IMDB :shockkk!:

The Dark Knight (2008) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/)

I really hope that Ledger's going to get the award. He really deserved it...

Aurion
22.07.08, 20:40
LOL Release Date according to Egypt's :biggrin: I guess I will hit the Theater on next weekend

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 05:36
LOL Release Date according to Egypt's I guess I will hit the Theater on next weekend

the reason for the late release is because the many illegal activities their in egypt. maybe when it get release there we can hope for a better cam realease:biggrin:

Aurion
23.07.08, 09:05
no man there is no any illegal activities here in Egypt regarding camming new movies,I think Egypt is the safest place for not getting any cammed movies like what happens in many other countries (here people just LOVE to watch movies @ theaters with super qualities) :biggrin:

zatoicchi
23.07.08, 09:24
no man there is no any illegal activities here in Egypt regarding camming new movies,I think Egypt is the safest place for not getting any cammed movies like what happens in many other countries (here people just LOVE to watch movies @ theaters with super qualities)

sorry REp my bad . if that's the case why would they even consider releasing it later in egypt. i dont understand the concept of that

Aurion
23.07.08, 09:28
sorry REp my bad . if that's the case why would they even consider releasing it later in egypt. i dont understand the concept of that

well,actually its obvious that Egypt joined the big list of having millions of tickets sold for movies on their first week of release,I guess thats why they have decided to prerelease it first in Egypt :biggrin:

zatoicchi
24.07.08, 05:13
,I guess thats why they have decided to prerelease it first in Egypt

that's very interesting info..i guess profit and money is the key factor...

Aurion
24.07.08, 21:20
that's very interesting info..i guess profit and money is the key factor...

yes they are certain aspects to be met in the industry of movies,here any new movie just hit around $20-25 million in its first week so its kinda crazy & getting weirder day after day :biggrin: