PDA

View Full Version : PSP firmware 4.05 now live, has new visualizers

zatoicchi
15.07.08, 05:55
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/psp-generic-490.jpg

PSP firmware 4.05 is now available for download. The update will include new music playback visualizations and the ever-conclusive "other features" according to the PlayStation.Blog. According to PSP Fanboy, "Firmware 4.05 includes two new visualizers, one if you have a wallpaper and one if you don't. If you don't have a wallpaper, the waves you see in the background are reduced to one. If you do a have a wallpaper, a water rippling effect can be seen on top of your image. Overall, very underwhelming."

Unfortunately, they didn't discover what the "other features" could possibly be.

PSP firmware 4.05 now live, has new visualizers - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/psp-firmware-4-05-coming-this-week-has-new-visualizers-and-oth/)

Aurion
15.07.08, 14:50
hmm,I think this is great that PSP users always get their update that fast,moreover,its awesome that the next update added some extra visualizations into music player for more usage of the device !!

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 04:38
firmware update are always good for any device especially if some features are not activated..but sometimes it can make it worse for your device too..

Aurion
16.07.08, 17:29
remember bugs found in most of MS updates ?? lots of system updates are not that compatible with the system's core so lots of glitches just pop up from nowhere

anon
16.07.08, 17:34
just new vis..?- oh wait, it has "other features" also. that sounded so much like custom apps won't run anymore :biggrin:

Aurion
16.07.08, 18:42
no I guess they wont consider severe core changes within an update since those update are just Bug Fixes & Security counter-measures

anon
16.07.08, 18:48
since those update are just Bug Fixes & Security counter-measures

and hackers would find ways to run unsigned code anyway :wink: i think sony should start supporting the custom applications "scene" instead of trying to stop it, so as to gain more popularity between PSP users

Aurion
19.07.08, 17:11
Well,yeah I guess Sony should do another thing too which is to Support other platforms in terms of releasing new games (I mean PC,XBox ...etc) rather than just keep releasing PS games (I know its the mother company but u know they can expand their product line for further sales)