PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Fake Windows 7 M2 build on P2P sites

zatoicchi
15.07.08, 04:07
Microsoft has been tight-lipped regarding what will be in Vista's successor; this can be irritating to partners and developers, but the company has also been good at keeping internal Windows 7 builds from leaking out to the public.

Windows 7 Milestone 1 (M1) may have leaked a few months ago under builds 6.1.6519.1 and 6.1.6574.1, but even then those builds were much delayed; M1 went out to key companies in January 2008. M2 has already been completed (as of May) but it has yet to leak. Recently though, torrents claiming to be Windows 7 M2 have made an appearance on various P2P sites.

This "release" is a complete fake and is actually a customized version of a Vista SP1 install. It would seem that the same thing that happened with M1 is happening with M2: fake builds appear before the real ones manage to leak. There is currently nothing to imply that the fake download comes with malware, but users should still exercise caution.

Warning: Fake Windows 7 M2 build on P2P sites (http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2008/07/14/warning-windows-7-m2-build-appearing-on-p2p-sites-is-fake)

Aurion
15.07.08, 15:15
LOL MS cant protect its own products !!?? man this is way hilarius :smile_rofl_2: cant believe that such a Monster Company cant protect a 1GB OS from being leaked out if its high walls,is this possible ??

anon
15.07.08, 17:28
LOL MS cant protect its own products !!?? man this is way hilarius :smile_rofl_2:

LOL anyway Win7 hasn't been leaked......... yet :tongue:

remember windows_2000_source_code.zip and windows_nt4_source_code.zip?

Aurion
15.07.08, 21:57
yeah that was a mess back then,even I recall SP2 when it got first released,lots of free direct downloadable links were flooding up the web waiting for any single click :tongue:

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 03:57
Heh, funny how it feels like Vista was rolled out just yesterday and now there's all this hype about its successor

anon
16.07.08, 16:42
and now there's all this hype about its successor

maybe BGATES is behind these "leaks", to make people think about Win7 and forget about vista! (even though it is vista you download with these fake leaks LOL) :biggrin:

sounds funny but you can never know :tongue:

Aurion
16.07.08, 21:08
maybe BGATES is behind these "leaks", to make people think about Win7 and forget about vista..

LOL no,its not like that my little friend,this job is a part of Business World which has already lots of professional aspects to be met in terms of launching new product/service into the market,they already cashed alot back first when Vista got released (maybe we are sayin failure since we did not like that OS,but if you are talking about money,nah they earned billions already) !!same scenario is happening in this new OS,they know what their next move is & how to play the whole thing right

anon
16.07.08, 21:29
!!same scenario is happening in this new OS,they know what their next move is & how to play the whole thing right

^^ just thought they may be doing that (you can never know :smile:) but you have a point there :top:

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 21:32
maybe BGATES is behind these "leaks", to make people think about Win7

i agree with your statement thats how vista became famous in the first place , it was leak and everyone heard about vista, so maybe he's doing the same tactics to introduce his new Os..that's what you call advertisememt..

Aurion
17.07.08, 00:10
@zat : Well,maybe what u mentioned was half part the scenario that have happened,but hey wait a second !! Lots of people are actually Loving Vista,I mean they loved the idea about it,they NJoyed the Stylish Themes & Funny Look of it,so those people eventually found themselves buying this OS by Dozens of Original Copies :top: I guess that would be the Major Part of what so called "Vista" Damn Strategic Plans :baeh:

@anon: Dont you think that a large firm such as Microsoft would be that weak to be easily penetrated by leakers or untrusted people to lose such an Evolutionary Project like "Vista" ?? Nah,cant believe that LOL I guess they might allowed those Leaks as part of its Strategy to Rapidly Sell the new product,thats how Elite BusinessMen think IMO :tongue:

anon
17.07.08, 00:15
I guess they might allowed those Leaks as part of its Strategy to Rapidly Sell the new product,thats how Elite BusinessMen think IMO :tongue:

that's what i meant :tongue: for example sony paid some advertisers in 2006 to disguise as kids and make a blog saying all they wanted for xmas was a PSP xD weird advertising :tongue:

zatoicchi
17.07.08, 02:45
that's why Bill Gates is so rich he's a very shrewd businessman, leaking software is probably he's idea..

Aurion
18.07.08, 04:01
weird advertising :tongue:

no,it aint,actually u might consider doing anything & everything to get ur product on top of the list :top:

anon
18.07.08, 17:47
doing anything & everything to get ur product on top of the list :top:

right :smile: that's the so called "guerrilla marketing" :tongue:

Aurion
19.07.08, 16:59
LOL yeah it sounds like that !! but believe me,if you go to Business College & then stick to some big firm or something after u graduate,u will love that kind of business,its about competition,it always was !! Best Of The Best always WIN the big piece of cream pie :top:

anon
19.07.08, 18:32
Best Of The Best always WIN the big piece of cream pie :top:

business is always about offering services and getting the best slice i think :biggrin:

Aurion
20.07.08, 16:45
yeah but mostly to professionally provide secure services for any types of customers @ any terms of conditions,wether ur beloved customer or new breed as well :top: