PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III is "possible" on consoles, as Activision eyes money

zatoicchi
14.07.08, 02:13
http://media.arstechnica.com/news.media/ars_diablo3_thumb.jpg

While the Internet may be up in arms over the fact that Blizzard has dared to use a few splashes of color in the design of Diablo III, the rest of the civilized world is just looking forward to playing the damn thing. As we know though, Blizzard is now a part of Activision, and since the newly-united mega-publisher is now too big for even the ESA, will Diablo III be PC-only?

With a controller, a headset, and playing over Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network? Maybe

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick never met a successful franchise he couldn't spread around different platforms, even if things weren't the best of fits, so why should we assume that the company will leave the piles of money that can be gained by making Diablo III cross-platform on the table? Eurogamer spoke to Rob Pardo, Blizzard's vice president of game design, and he agreed that it was "theoretically possible" to bring the game to consoles.

"It would have some control changes that I think you'd have to make... But it's probably, of our major franchises, the one that's most console friendly, for sure... You'd need to think about a lot of the point-and-click spells, like point to area-of-effect, or things like line-damage in this direction," Pardo elaborated. "Target selection is something you're going to lose on console, you're really going to be able to do targeting direction, but not specific targeting."

Diablo III is "possible" on consoles, as Activision eyes money (http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/07/10/diablo-iii-is-possible-on-consoles-as-activision-eyes-money)

Aurion
14.07.08, 20:41
the gfx seem very decent,also the character main details are well framed !! I guess this part would be very playable :top:

anon
14.07.08, 20:44
the gfx quality seems indeed good :smile: but hope they have a good plot too! we don't want the plot's quality to be inversely proportional to the graphics quality :tongue:

Aurion
14.07.08, 22:02
u know games are way different lately than before,they got more modern even in main game's based story which will lead to more playable & njoyable experience since users require more brighter enviroments especially in FPS games

anon
14.07.08, 22:04
since users require more brighter enviroments especially in FPS games

like in doom 3? :biggrin: where i had to use the flashlight half the game but set my monitor's brightness to 50% the other half :tongue:

zatoicchi
15.07.08, 03:16
How is that an advantage over consoles? All current consoles have online multi-player capabilities.

Aurion
15.07.08, 14:59
How is that an advantage over consoles? All current consoles have online multi-player capabilities.

I meant the bright colors/gfx withing the game itself,Online gaming has became a part of eveyr decent game nowaday since gamers love the way multiplayer mode works (shooting + cheating = kill alot then shooting + cheating = ...etc) :tongue:

anon
15.07.08, 19:45
(shooting + cheating = kill alot then shooting + cheating = ...etc) :tongue:

hey some people actually want to have fun and not let the computer play with them (or against them) :tongue:

(can't say anything myself though, i love to have everyone use a speed hack set to max speed when playing at a cafe with friends here, it's LOTS of fun :biggrin: in 2 seconds you're already in the other side of the level :ices_lol_large:)

Aurion
15.07.08, 22:45
yeah that was fun back when playing Unreal Tournament !! lots of laser shooters behind ur a$$

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 04:12
games nowadays are getting more and more complicated, even reading the manuals are too hard to understand..but when you get the hang of it you become an addict just like here:biggrin:

anon
16.07.08, 16:48
games nowadays are getting more and more complicated, even reading the manuals are too hard to understand..

that's why most games are resorting to in-game help instead... try reading a 200-page manual for example, i'd rather spend my time actually playing the thing: it even feels a bit better to know you had to find out the game's mechanism and controls :biggrin:

Aurion
16.07.08, 17:32
well,yeah most of the games got too buzzy but u know open-minded people who actually spend their freaking time playing their PC do know how to figure out in-game's controls/walkthroughs just as a piece of cake so dont worry about more new complicated games,we got it buddy !! :gunman: