PDA

View Full Version : Vuze vows to continue net neutrality fight

zatoicchi
13.07.08, 05:01
The makers of the BitTorent client / media distribution platform Vuze have expressed optimism about Kevin Martin's plans to punish Comcast for its BitTorrent blocking, but at the same time vowed to continue their own push for clearer FCC rules against network discrimination. Vuze Generan Counsel Jay Monahan told me yesterday that he sees Martin's punishment proposal as a "very significant first step". Vuze CEO Gilles BianRosa agreed: "This is a milestone because it shows that there are boundaries", he told me.

Monahan warned to be too optimistic about the outcome though. He pointed out that the commission still has to vote on Martin's proposal, and that its unclear yet what kind of punishments this ruling will contain. Monahan also believes that Comcast will immediately appeal any ruling by the commission and argue that the FCC doesn't have the authority to regulate network management - a point that has been hotly contested in the past.

http://www.p2p-blog.com/item-754.html

Aurion
13.07.08, 11:37
woow,there are wars on some other parts of the world :biggrin: I guess its a very good situation that a Large Company live Vuze protest & apply punishments on other Large Firms as Comcast !! But,maybe that the commission would say "no" as a majority which will weaken his side (IMO I dont think they will since everyone is pissed off already of what's happening).

"Martin's Punishment Proposal is very significant first step" yeah it is I guess,as he mentioned earlier Network Discrimination is something that should be completely stopped without any excuses (without rading on Internet users rights or network usage freedom) :top:

zatoicchi
13.07.08, 12:54
ISPs could apply “reasonable network management” to keep traffic flowing just to point out the experiences that was contested in the past which the fcc doesnt have the right to regulate

Aurion
13.07.08, 13:39
yeah you are damn right,but the thing is,even with some slight wise traffic management changes,users will always be enthusiastic about how could ISP limit my connection while im paying to use my package freely :tongue:

zatoicchi
13.07.08, 14:29
limit my connection while im paying to use my package freely

the best thing to do in that situation is to look for other alternative. cancel the account and sign with a new isp provider in your area but it's there is only one isp provider than you have no choice but to keep them..and it's called monopoly..

anon
13.07.08, 17:42
but it's there is only one isp provider than you have no choice but to keep them..and it's called monopoly..

more or less what happens here... of course i can change my isp to another one without limits, but it costs 10x what i'm paying now... damn this sucks man :icon_angry[1]:

Aurion
13.07.08, 18:02
well,I used to have problems with my old connection regarding down/up speeds but u know we have here around 7 ISPs in the same aria,so I picked up the best of them then sign up for a bigger package & im fine thank GOD I can use my connection in anything I want :tongue:

@ anon: try finding an out source ISP which is dependant on a main ISP for your whole country

anon
13.07.08, 18:17
@ anon: try finding an out source ISP which is dependant on a main ISP for your whole country

sorry, i quite didn't understand that... what do you mean? :smile:

Aurion
13.07.08, 20:35
I meant that Large ISPs might sell some connection extensions to a bit smaller firms & so on !! However,those smaller ISPs in most cases wont force registered users to fill certain criteria in applying service forms :biggrin:

zatoicchi
13.07.08, 22:14
but it costs 10x what i'm paying now

yeah,that's the price we to have because sometime if you want the best , the cost is more expensive if you want a better service for your isp service..And that's really sad because we cant afford those exorbitant charges..:frown:

Aurion
14.07.08, 20:17
yeah,that's the price we to have because sometime if you want the best , the cost is more expensive if you want a better service for your isp service..And that's really sad because we cant afford those exorbitant charges..:frown:

yeah for sure,its costs here a fortune to grab a 24MB connection package (around $345) which is extremely expensive regarding Internet service (you have other things you have to pay for :biggrin:)

anon
14.07.08, 20:22
yeah for sure,its costs here a fortune to grab a 24MB connection package (around $345)

here it costs like us$ 200 to get a 10MBit connection, but with the exchange rates that's a lot...

Aurion
14.07.08, 20:31
Yeah,here tool $345 = L.E 1930 which equals my monthly salary LOL (just add an extra L.E 500 as monthly incentives)

zatoicchi
15.07.08, 03:38
here it costs like us$ 200 to get a 10MBit connection, but with the exchange rates that's a lot

i guess im still lucky that mys isp is still cheap and reasonble

Aurion
15.07.08, 15:17
u know as more new connections invade the world,as more cheaper the service gets,so dont worry by next year u will be paying half the price for ur current connection :top:

anon
15.07.08, 17:27
so dont worry by next year u will be paying half the price for ur current connection :top:

and after a lot of time passes it may be for free :biggrin: i have heard some countries have free DSL ISPs... of course they must have some kind of limits but free! xD

Aurion
15.07.08, 21:58
yeah here Dial Up is free for 2 years now,for sure a quite few people are happy for that,but those are Retards IMO (nothing's better than a T1/2/3) :tongue:

anon
15.07.08, 22:07
yeah here Dial Up is free for 2 years now,for sure a quite few people are happy for that,but those are Retards IMO

it's better than no iNet at all, and you can still do a lot of things with a 56K :biggrin:

Aurion
15.07.08, 22:10
LOL u remind me with my first download using the iNet !! it was with a Dial Up connection,downloaded lots of music back then :biggrin: was kinda fun

anon
15.07.08, 22:16
i did grab some music too, back when you could download MP3s from mp3.com, but mostly used my 56k to chat and browse. it's been a while since i last used my modem to dial to some number :D

Aurion
15.07.08, 22:44
lol that was LAME !! now u can Fly over those numbers while having ur fixed IP for lifetime pleasure :tongue: