PDA

View Full Version : [July,11] FCC chief plans to recommend sanctions against Comcast

Aurion
11.07.08, 16:29
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin will recommend sanctions against cable company Comcast for allegedly blocking access to file-sharing traffic, the Associated Press has reported.

"The commission has adopted a set of principles that protects consumers access to the Internet," the AP quoted Martin saying. "We found that Comcast's actions in this instance violated our principles."

The AP said Martin would circulate the order to his fellow commissioners on Friday, who will vote on the measure at an open meeting on August 1.

Comcast has been sharply criticized in recent months for slowing down peer-to-peer traffic on its network. The cable company said that traffic was using too much bandwidth, and caused degradation across the rest of its customers.

Source :

FCC chief plans to recommend sanctions against Comcast | News - Wireless - CNET News.com (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-9988707-94.html?hhTest=1&tag=nefd.top)

`

anon
11.07.08, 20:03
"Comcast has been sharply criticized in recent months for slowing down peer-to-peer traffic on its network."

slowing down!? they weren't letting you seed at all! speeds started to rise, then their sandvine boxes sent you a RST and they dropped to 0.0kb. forever.

it is good that this happens. if someone buys a very fast connection it is to do what they want, not what their ISP only lets them do (browsing and e-mailing LOL).

my isp should be sued too :tongue: they throttle down p2p downloads and i can't change it atm; it's the least bad anyway according what people that have tried others told me... :icon_angry[1]:

Aurion
11.07.08, 20:44
the most bad thing ever is when you feel you are over controled by something which have already the upper hand :icon_angry[1]: their approach already pissed off lots of people since they dont have the right to limit ur internet usage at all !! something incredible should happen to change all scales,I believe something will soon :redface:

anon
11.07.08, 20:53
something incredible should happen to change all scales,I believe something will soon :redface:

hope so it'll be :smile: i want my bittorrent download speed to be as high as it can, not 20kb as my ISP wants :mad2:

Aurion
11.07.08, 21:17
WTF !! is ur down speed limited to 20kbps ?? very sorry to hear that anon,they suck man,they are real pain in the a$$ :baeh:

anon
11.07.08, 21:24
WTF !! is ur down speed limited to 20kbps ??

that's right: everything that's p2p won't reach more than 20kbs of download speed. upload isn't limited though, so i can UL faster than i DL :biggrin:

Aurion
11.07.08, 21:30
LOL then go buffer some account with real seed :biggrin:

anon
11.07.08, 21:33
LOL then go buffer some account with real seed :biggrin:

hey, my practical p2p uploadspeed is proportionally higher than the download, but it still sucks :biggrin:

Aurion
11.07.08, 21:45
yeah same here,my real up speed is around 25kbps in peak hours so kinda sux too when upping large files :confused2: