PDA

View Full Version : anyone try BitTorrent 6.0 beta yet?

A-Day
30.07.07, 23:48
it is based off of uTorrent 1.7.2. i guess it has the newest code. it says it can't resume your current downloads from utorrent so i can't test it as i am downloading something right now.

http://www.bittorrent.com/download-beta

Pickle
31.07.07, 14:17
at the end there wont be a client named utorrent. utorrent is going to be history...this is totally bad news.
You dont need to be so curious about "does utorrent send data to mp.. or anywhere" because at the end, there wont be any utorrent.

Snakedoctor
31.07.07, 23:07
it's the exact same thing only some people say that the code is a little newer and that bittorrent is a little faster. but the biggest diffrence is that bittorrent comes with a thing called DNA.

here are some info i copied from a site:

µTorrent 1.7.2 Build 3458 Stable vs. BitTorrent 6 Beta Build 3495

By comparing the source of BitTorrent for Windows latest Beta 6 with µTorrent 1.7 latest stable, we come to the result that this two clients are the same. They are very similar. The following points are just the differences:

BiTorrent v6 Beta:
- Icons (incl. Vista Icon)
- Discover loacl peers "Multicast"
- integrated weblinks (Torrent Search engines)
- Homepage
- some Dialogs incl. "About" screen Message
- User Agent ID: bittorrent600B
- comes with a Setup Pack

New is in BitTorrent Version 6 a second application called DNA.exe a local Proxy (Delivery Network Accelerator).

The dna.exe keeps running even if you close BitTorrent, Task manager can kill the process manually (dna.exe use about ~7 to 14 MB RAM resources)
BitTorrent works without dna.exe fine. dna.exe is located in subfolder \Program Files\BitTorrent_DNA\dna.exe. Try to rename, delete or move this file.

The control Panel

µTorrent 1.7.2 is eXe compressed with UPX v.3.00 by default.
BitTorrent 6 Beta Build 3495 for Windows is with PECompact v.2.79 eXe compressed.

Result:
BitTorrent 6 Beta Build 3495 seems to be newer and a bit faster as the older µTorrent 1.7.2 Build 3458 and works on more trackers cause uT 1.7.x Builds are almost blocked.

i hope this info can help

Rai
09.08.07, 17:49
I try BitTorrent 6.0 , is preatty good.. but i wait for a stabel release:)

CoreCore
11.08.07, 15:06
yea its the same code know just changed up a bit. I'm not using it though b/c 6.0 is not aloud on any of my private trackers yet. They have to add the new builds b4 it will connect.

I just using uTorrent 1.7.2 with nothing but the 1.6.1 emu code. Works great on all my private trackers and the one that have 1.7x blocked.